|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
We used to call ourselves Red House from the Jimi Hendix tune, but after a year under that name, we just changed it to Tyler Boone.
2. How did this band get started?
My old friend and musician buddy Eric McMichael (drummer) just flat out told me after I left this old band I was in and just said simply "Jam band, now!" And the rest is history.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
I am influenced by some bands, but I like to be more influenced by 'guitar players,' not exactly just bands. Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Slash, John Mayer, and the list goes on. But simply any great blues musician, there's an influence from. Even some from the late, Wes Montgomery and of course all the local musicians from South Carolina play a huge part in my influences.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
If I could've gone on any kind of tour with Slash and his blues ball or John Mayer, or be apart of the "Crossroads Festival" that Eric Clapton puts on...that would be amazing. So many blues musicians in one place, I would eat my heart out.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
A hedgehog, because Sonic was my hero as a kid.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We write and play a different style a music that isn't heard or played as often anymore. A marriage of both blues and pop music is how I like to explain it and it can be both explosive guitar-wise but also very intimate on the lyrics and the whole song side as well.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
If it had to be one of our tunes, I would say I would want, "Up Against A Wall." I think with all the metal riffs and shredding on guitar hero/rock band, kids could still end up making this one on 5-stars, but not on the first try :)
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
My Family and Jesus and of course my band, my musician buddies and my close dear friends, those are what is most important to me.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
To bring back the old school rock bands. The top 40 is all pop music with only some great bands in it. I just want an explosion of rock bands and guitar heroes/slingers again some day, we need that again.
10. Memorable tour experience?
We had a gig once in Walterboro, SC at this place called "High School Hideout." HUGE place, but bad location. The people who ran it were awesome, but only about I'd say 10 kids were there. It was when we were just starting out, but I remember looking down as we were playing "CorZplane" and we saw these chicks 'booty' dancing to it and I remember John (bass player) saying "Bo, you know you made it to the top after you see little high school girls dirty dancing to your music BO!" It was wrong, but so very funny.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It is a place for all musicians both big and small to come as a place to meet, talk and converse ideas to one another. It's a great place to find connections and to get great exposure. What you guys do is amazing, and I appreciate every last bit of it.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
My favorite song to play now is "Don't Forget My Name," mainly because for how long we've been playing it and how it's caught on to people who come out to shows and listen to us. It's a great tune that seems to stick with people and I enjoy that.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
San Diego, California. All my family lives there and the weather is as beautiful as are the women :)
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Blink - 182. Those guys were my idols! I bought every pick up and any guitar that looked like Tom Delonge's. Still listen to those guys today.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
My super power would be the ability to stay up all day and night, so that I can play my "starcraft" for as long as I want. :)
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
"Made It" can be different for everybody. And our terms of making it would be to land some great promotion (radio, tv, internet, magazines) and hopefully get a management deal, so things for us could be more stable and we can make a 3rd record with less stress next time.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Most people don't know that I can actually be a big dork/nerd. Yeah playing guitar is cool, and it makes me seem that way. But I can be a pretty big nerd sometimes haha.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Christmas time is definitely it. Being around family and friends is great.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I like to run, play soccer, go to the gym and of course always play my guitar.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can shred on the guitar like no other. :D
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |