AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

01:29 PM on 09/06/07 
User Info.
CrenshawPunch
Lodi, CA
Male - 28 Years Old
i love this band, of course white pony is my fav, but SNW is great too. the last song is so fucking great.

My favorite album closer of any band, cd, anything.
01:36 PM on 09/06/07 
User Info.
Russ2theCORE!!
West Orange, NJ
Male - 29 Years Old
ok... maybe getting better was not the best way of putting it... but they continue to mature musically and keep their sound fresh. With each album I came to like them more... White Pony is a Masterpiece, SNW is great too and I love the S/T album as well... i really don't know if I have one favorite...
02:07 PM on 09/06/07 
User Info.
Brokenhill
Something less than intended
Tucson, Arizona
Male - 22 Years Old
I love the song Minerva

Is it worth buying the album?
04:13 PM on 09/06/07 
User Info.
youcomebeforeyo
yo'
New Zealand
Male - 25 Years Old
I love the song Minerva

Is it worth buying the album?

Minerva is a pretty standout track from the album it's on (self titled). For the most part the record Deftones is extremely heavy. So I would download a few songs like Bloody Cape, Hexagram and Good Morning Beautiful to get an idea whether you would like it.

Saturday Night Wrist has a lot more of a vibe similar to the song Minerva. Depends what you're into. Personally I think self titled is awesome but it's probably the most disliked of their releases.
04:17 PM on 09/06/07 
User Info.
Brokenhill
Something less than intended
Tucson, Arizona
Male - 22 Years Old
Ok thanks.
08:56 PM on 01/11/08 
User Info.
CrenshawPunch
Lodi, CA
Male - 28 Years Old
Bump

Favorite song everybody?

I just listened to their entire catalog on my drive back to school and I love every single album closer they have done, including The Boy's Republic on the red and black WP albums.
09:18 PM on 01/11/08 
User Info.
speed
Filmed in HD
East Coast then go...
Male
ALL Deftones albums are good.

!
12:02 AM on 01/12/08 
User Info.
CrenshawPunch
Lodi, CA
Male - 28 Years Old
Minerva is a pretty standout track from the album it's on (self titled). For the most part the record Deftones is extremely heavy. So I would download a few songs like Bloody Cape, Hexagram and Good Morning Beautiful to get an idea whether you would like it.

Saturday Night Wrist has a lot more of a vibe similar to the song Minerva. Depends what you're into. Personally I think self titled is awesome but it's probably the most disliked of their releases.

It's too bad, because I love that cd as well. There is not a weak moment on it. I wish they would have thrown Lovers on it too.
08:15 AM on 01/12/08 
User Info.
Yes. And?
♥ break in stereo.
Maryland
Female - 23 Years Old
Around the Fur is my favorite. The s/t has a lot of GREAT songs on it. I may like it better than White Pony.
01:44 PM on 01/12/08 
User Info.
McIlrath
Venezuela
Male - 25 Years Old
I had a few of their best known songs, and I fucking love those few songs (Engine No. 9, Lifter, Minerva, Digital Bath, among others) and I read this thread so I decided to listen to all of their songs and I'm currently listen to White Pony and it's so fucking awesome, I love Back to School and Elite those are my favorite so far.
02:30 PM on 01/12/08 
User Info.
HyperactiveYout
Your twisted change is normal.
Durham, NC
Male - 24 Years Old
I saw them with my all time favorite band, Deadsy. Headlining that show after my favorite made it hard for them to really impress me since I was still wanting more Deadsy, but they were pretty damn impressive. It got a little tedious for me, though, since I'm not TOO familiar with their stuff, and the crowd was just way too rambunctious for the type of music they play. I saw them at Family Values also. :P
07:08 PM on 01/12/08 
User Info.
2 fly and shy
...and just for you
Chicago, IL
Male
Saw them over the summer. It didn't suck at all.
04:42 PM on 04/15/08 
User Info.
Dr. Acula
www.twitter.com/ericflaris
Chicagoland
Male - 30 Years Old
Under appreciated band...Kind of like the Radiohead of "metal". Cannot wait for the new album! Saturday Night Wrist was so damn good.
08:02 AM on 04/16/08 
User Info.
JCCC
No Avatar Selected
Male - 29 Years Old
I don't think they are getting better, they are just staying on the same level of greatness. They'll never top White Pony.

agreed. I just can't see that happening. I'd love to be proven wrong though.
09:58 AM on 04/16/08 
User Info.
Czarsy
you just a shook one
Philly
Male
Seriously one of the best bands...

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music