Password

Album Review

Amusement Parks On Fire - Road Eyes Album Cover

Amusement Parks On Fire - Road Eyes

Reviewed by
Amusement Parks On Fire - Road Eyes
Record Label: Filter (US)
Release Date: Septemer 14, 2010
This review is a user submitted review from Here It Goes. You can see all of Here It Goes's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10
04:06 AM on 10/26/10
OnaedInSpace
she sucked and sucked and sucked.
User Info.
this review was pretty enjoyable. what made you want to review this band? have you always been a fan? i dont know who this band are, but i just wanted to say something constructive: do you ever feel like you are just getting sucked down into a world of just pointless fucking rock music? Why wont people wake up and smell the decay in modern music. For every band that is unique (and there are basically about 2 per 500 bands), they just get fetishized and put on a pedasil until they become dilluted down. The only way bands can actually stay unique is if they absolutely deny everything about the music industry i.e. radiohead (later in their career), rage against the machine (not anymore). arctic monkeys have started their back turning. its wonderful.
08:46 AM on 10/26/10
S9Dallasoz
Knows the words to 'Bye Bye Bye'
User Info.
"Flashlight Planetarium" is the jam.
11:25 AM on 10/28/10
netromo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this review was pretty enjoyable. what made you want to review this band? have you always been a fan? i dont know who this band are, but i just wanted to say something constructive: do you ever feel like you are just getting sucked down into a world of just pointless fucking rock music? Why wont people wake up and smell the decay in modern music. For every band that is unique (and there are basically about 2 per 500 bands), they just get fetishized and put on a pedasil until they become dilluted down. The only way bands can actually stay unique is if they absolutely deny everything about the music industry i.e. radiohead (later in their career), rage against the machine (not anymore). arctic monkeys have started their back turning. its wonderful.

And there is going to one hell of a discussion about which 2 bands are the unique ones . You're painting a pretty bleak picture of todays rock music. I agree there are very much out there that sounds alike, but there is also much that is good. If you're just going to listen to the unique bands, they too would start to suck pretty soon. We're perhaps not in a golden age of rock, but neither are we in the dark ages.
12:58 PM on 10/31/10
Here It Goes
Registered Member
User Info.

I don't really, no. I like a wide variety of music. My tastes actually lean more towards the poppy end of the spectrum, so records by The Format (and fun.), Tokyo Police Club, etc., keep my head bobbing when actual rock music blows.

I haven't always been a fan of this band, I basically just heard them for the first time recently. I hated their band name. I was really surprised by how powerful the music is though. I can't emphasize enough the way they work in the sounds of those 3 bands I mentioned: Silversun Pickups, Placebo, and Anberlin. I'm a fan of all 3. It's really interesting to hear.
05:49 AM on 11/10/10
EndSerenading
we were born for battle
User Info.
looking forward to checking this out. I have their previous albums and had been waiting for the new one for awhile. Thanks for reminding me!
07:12 PM on 11/23/10
EndSerenading
we were born for battle
User Info.
finally got around to listening. very good.
11:08 AM on 11/26/10
Here It Goes
Registered Member
User Info.
finally got around to listening. very good.

Glad you liked it. Any favorite tracks?
06:55 AM on 07/18/11
hurd300403
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
why didn't you just say 1 in 250?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version