AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Signing News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Razor & Tie Signs Ocean Is Theory

Posted by - 09:45 AM on 11/01/10
Razor & Tie has signed Ocean Is Theory. The band is currently recording a new album for an early 2011 release. Press release in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 42
09:45 AM on 11/01/10
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Press ReleaseRazor & Tie is excited to announce the signing of Ocean Is Theory, the indie rock band based out of Atlanta. The band is currently recording their new album in Los Angeles with producers Stacy Jones and Bill Lefler.

Formed in 2007, Ocean Is Theory is a proven indie success story. Their self released EP Into the Mouths of Lions helped the band become a favorite amongst the local Atlanta scene and throughout the Southeast, and allowed them to gain credibility and exposure. While touring, they sold over 6,000 copies of the EP independently and soon caught the attention of retailers who brought the EP on board. At the same time, the band continued to write new material and released their second EP, In My Blood Again, in 2009. In My Blood Again was produced by Matt Malpass (Copeland, Lydia, Relient K) and mixed by producer Mike Sapone (Brand New, Taking Back Sunday).

Based out of Atlanta, Ocean Is Theory is Josh Williams (vocals/guitars), Nick Novak (guitars/vocals), Kevin Cerbone (bass/vocals) and Clay Carter (drums/vocals). Through solid touring including Absolute Punk's "Unsigned and Underage Tour," Ocean Is Theory has created a solid and dedicated fan base while creating interest and awareness from the industry and peers alike.

"I am so excited to be working with Ocean Is Theory," said Beka Tischker, Vice President of A&R at Razor & Tie. "I thank Dylan Chenfeld for bringing the band to my attention and introducing me to their music. I know they are ready for big things in the future, and everyone at Razor & Tie is thrilled to be working on this project."

After successfully making a name for themselves completely independent of any label ties, Ocean Is Theory is happy to now partner with Razor & Tie. "This feels like our first record," said vocalist/guitarist Josh Williams. "We've really grown as songwriters. This is the most time we've spent on writing, and definitely the most care we've put into an album." The untitled 2011 release will be more indie pop than anything the band has ever created before. "Good, hooky, indie rock," Williams explained. He cites Third Eye Blind and Jimmy Eat World as a few of the band's inspirations when writing the record. The collaborative production team of American Hi-Fi vocalist Stacy Jones (Plain White T's, The Strays, Ingrid Michaelson) and Bill Lefler (Dashboard Confessional, Gym Class Heroes, Cary Brothers) will help fuse the mix of pop, grunge, and indie rock.

Jones and Lefler are excited about working with Ocean Is Theory on their latest album. Lefler stated, "The band has a sort of left-of-center, interesting take on pop songs. The way they play reminds me of cult classics, like The Smiths, The Cure and My Bloody Valentine." Ocean Is Theory's new album will be released in early 2011 via Razor & Tie.
09:48 AM on 11/01/10
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Solid.
09:51 AM on 11/01/10
henry chinaski
User Info.
great band.
09:55 AM on 11/01/10
BinacaFreak
User Info.
Fantastic group of guys. Razor & Tie's always been a sketch label in my head for whatever reason, but I wish these guys all the best!
10:03 AM on 11/01/10
pennyflipnfe
User Info.
awesome band
10:38 AM on 11/01/10
philbylink
the shower's in the toilet
User Info.
I wish that I could look over the overtly Christian lyrics for the sake of the amazing musicianship.
10:46 AM on 11/01/10
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Nice signing.
10:56 AM on 11/01/10
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
Razor & Tie has been signing some great bands lately.
11:06 AM on 11/01/10
M1ndset
User Info.
frist ep straight out of high school... been touring three year since trying music full time. Cant think of a band that deserves getting signed more then them.
11:07 AM on 11/01/10
low_rising
Registered Member
User Info.
awesome glad to see its not only shit bands getting signed thse days
great band
great label
= this band is going to be huge like really huge
cant wait for the album
11:17 AM on 11/01/10
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
Saw these guys a few times in Knoxville, it rocked. I can't wait to see what they put out and, considering they're on Razor & Tie, I'd love to see them do a tour with The Graduate.
11:24 AM on 11/01/10
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
Congrats, their last EP was a step up and i'm excited to hear the full-lenght.
11:31 AM on 11/01/10
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
never heard before... but i am liking it so far
12:21 PM on 11/01/10
Romancebled
Sleep underground tonight...
User Info.
Congrats to them. Good band with a lot of potential.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos