Password

Comments: Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 332
03:47 PM on 11/03/10
CoopDawg
Lunacy! Lunacy! Lunacy! Lunacy!
User Info.
Holy shit that's nuts!

Ours wasn't anywhere as intense as that. Some kid's (who weighed like 70 lbs) parents apparently made death threats to our school and the kid got arrested and we never saw him again. We stayed outside, for like an hour or two and then we had to go back inside. Not to mention it was hot as hell outside. I believe it was in March that this all happened, but then again this took place in 2007, so I can't exactly remembered what happened.
Whoa

Yah, it was like that but instead of being really hot, it was really cold. Their still trying to figure out who the person making the threat is, but every since yesterday, the school has been in chaos. Yesterday, while my class was walking out of philosophy, we see this guy and five cops holding him and trying to put him down. Apparently he had a gun. These past two days have been a huge bummer and I really need to get my mind off it.
Right now, I am on Reversal. So far, the album is intense. It reminds me of Define a lot in the sense that it is really dark and uses imagery effectively. Plus, Spencers clean vocals sound amazing. Its very eerie yet refreshing. My only beef so far is that two of the songs (I think Who Will Guard.. and Catching Myself) sound very similar, but maybe that's just me. Anyway, gonna get back to finishing the album
03:48 PM on 11/03/10
thesollopsist
Up all night, and down all day
User Info.
These songs are lacking any catchy melodies they've had in the past, nothing seems memorable
03:49 PM on 11/03/10
fly_guy
End in sight, we must fight
User Info.
haha you can't even spell correctly.. you must be smart

edit: i will assume you were trying to be sarcastic.. but nonetheless fail.
That was supposed to be mocking people that always criticize Drew, Im pretty sure. Not a fail at all, youre obviously a new user
03:50 PM on 11/03/10
Dystroxia
We found love in a hopeless place
User Info.
Whoa

Yah, it was like that but instead of being really hot, it was really cold. Their still trying to figure out who the person making the threat is, but every since yesterday, the school has been in chaos. Yesterday, while my class was walking out of philosophy, we see this guy and five cops holding him and trying to put him down. Apparently he had a gun. These past two days have been a huge bummer and I really need to get my mind off it.
Right now, I am on Reversal. So far, the album is intense. It reminds me of Define a lot in the sense that it is really dark and uses imagery effectively. Plus, Spencers clean vocals sound amazing. Its very eerie yet refreshing. My only beef so far is that two of the songs (I think Who Will Guard.. and Catching Myself) sound very similar, but maybe that's just me. Anyway, gonna get back to finishing the album

Other than that, we don't ever have anything that exciting at our school.

I like "Catch Myself Catching Myself." The ending is fucking great.
03:51 PM on 11/03/10
Dystroxia
User Info.
That was supposed to be mocking people that always criticize Drew, Im pretty sure. Not a fail at all, youre obviously a new user

^^^^
03:52 PM on 11/03/10
blinkme
Sinatra blue
User Info.
haha you can't even spell correctly.. you must be smart

edit: i will assume you were trying to be sarcastic.. but nonetheless fail.

You completely missed the point of that post.
03:52 PM on 11/03/10
Aphasia17
Koi No Yokan
User Info.
Really happy I've been able to hold off on listening to this. Can't wait to pick it up next week.

Great review Drew!
03:54 PM on 11/03/10
i_was_a_lid
And This is How
User Info.
Spencer's clean vocals sound like Cove from Saosin attempting to sing like Dustin Kensure from Thrice. I like it.
03:56 PM on 11/03/10
DylanPPPP
Hey, are you a dreamer?
User Info.
These songs are lacking any catchy melodies they've had in the past, nothing seems memorable

Hooks don't equal a good album, just means it's a grower. The more you listen the more you love. (see Brand New -TDaG)
03:57 PM on 11/03/10
CoopDawg
User Info.
Other than that, we don't ever have anything that exciting at our school.

I like "Catch Myself Catching Myself." The ending is fucking great.
I agree. Catching Myself is a perfect example of how heavy UO have become. The intro bass riff is great, and when I say heavy, I don't mean heavy like breakdown, breakdown, breakdown (which in my opinion unless bands can do it right and put it in the right place at the right time, breakdowns are essentially useless) but I mean darker lyrics, darker riffs, overall darker. I think thats why I fell in love with Define. It was dark like this record is, with songs like In Regards To Myself and Returning Empty Handed. But also, it contained more peaceful (not poppy) songs like Salamarnir that you basically needed to calm your thoughts after such dark songs. Lost In The Sound was heavy, but I think they went heavy in the musical sense and not in the mood sense if you know what I mean. But I still think Catching Myself and Who Will Guard... sound similar, which isn't bad, but definetly a weak point. But even that won't bring this album down! My favorite song so far is Vacant Mouth though.
03:58 PM on 11/03/10
thesollopsist
Up all night, and down all day
User Info.
Hooks don't equal a good album, just means it's a grower. The more you listen the more you love. (see Brand New -TDaG)
I know, these songs just seem so simplified for me, not saying they're bad, but definitely not outstanding.
04:00 PM on 11/03/10
DylanPPPP
Hey, are you a dreamer?
User Info.
I know, these songs just seem so simplified for me, not saying they're bad, but definitely not outstanding.

For me I just have to pay attention to a different thing each time. First listen is obviously the vocals and everything else is in the background. Than I pay more attention to the drums a second time (I'm a drummer so that's how I do). Than the guitars etc. Each time I find something new that I love and eventually each track has it's individual meaning that I enjoy greatly.
04:00 PM on 11/03/10
CoopDawg
User Info.
Spencer's clean vocals sound like Cove from Saosin attempting to sing like Dustin Kensure from Thrice. I like it.
...I never thought about that. Good example of how Spencer's clean vocals sound
04:02 PM on 11/03/10
Stearman77
User Info.
+1 Drew, this is a solid metal album.
04:03 PM on 11/03/10
Dystroxia
User Info.
I agree. Catching Myself is a perfect example of how heavy UO have become. The intro bass riff is great, and when I say heavy, I don't mean heavy like breakdown, breakdown, breakdown (which in my opinion unless bands can do it right and put it in the right place at the right time, breakdowns are essentially useless) but I mean darker lyrics, darker riffs, overall darker. I think thats why I fell in love with Define. It was dark like this record is, with songs like In Regards To Myself and Returning Empty Handed. But also, it contained more peaceful (not poppy) songs like Salamarnir that you basically needed to calm your thoughts after such dark songs. Lost In The Sound was heavy, but I think they went heavy in the musical sense and not in the mood sense if you know what I mean. But I still think Catching Myself and Who Will Guard... sound similar, which isn't bad, but definetly a weak point. But even that won't bring this album down! My favorite song so far is Vacant Mouth though.

"Returning Empty Handed" is my all-time favorite song by Underoath. All-time. I also love "You're Ever So Inviting." I like "Vacant Mouth" as well, good song. IMO breakdowns aren't even considered heavy anymore. Underoath can be heavy without breakdowns and that alone surely puts them above most bands of their genre.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos