AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
American Diary - Wear It 'Til You Love It Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 6.75
Musicianship 6.5
Lyrics 6
Production 7.25
Creativity 6.75
Lasting Value 4
Reviewer Tilt 6
Final Verdict: 62%
Member Ratings
Vocals 4.88
Musicianship 4.38
Lyrics 3.75
Production 5.56
Creativity 3.56
Lasting Value 3.56
Reviewer Tilt 3.25
Average: 41%
Inside AP.net

American Diary - Wear It 'Til You Love It

Reviewed by: Russ Hockenbury (12/29/06)
American DiaryWear It ‘Til You Love It
Label: Unsigned
Release Date: July 24, 2006

Who:

Baltimore pop-punk outfit that could’ve easily come from Lima, Ohio.

How is it?:

If your biggest worries are finding a date for senior prom or Mr. U’s 5th period Government Economics test, not bad.

Well, I guess this is growing up: “Heart Attack Pact”

Upperclassmen: Hit The Lights, Mest, Someday Never

www.myspace.com/americandiarymusic

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 28.
10:17 PM on 12/29/06
HolidayFromReal
Use Title
User Info.

If your biggest worries are finding a date for senior prom or Mr. U’s 5th period Government Economics test, not bad.

lmao, that bad, huh?
10:13 AM on 12/30/06
mikeyxxcore
Mike Welsh
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I didnt care for it either.
they get along with the locals but their fanbase consist of 15 year girls who find the drummer attractive.
11:25 AM on 12/30/06
Julia Conny
"Julia HurriConny"
User Info.
These guys are very good friends of mine. If you're a pop-punk fan, at least give them a chance.
12:16 PM on 12/30/06
thelatestplague
alisha.
User Info.
all time low wannabes. just like every other pop punk band trying to make it from maryland.
i honestly laughed when i saw there was a review for them. and the fanbase really is a bunch of teenie boppers.
04:41 PM on 12/30/06
xogloryfades
Turn it around, Rory!
User Info.

lmao, that bad, huh?

sounds like i need to pick this one up!
06:01 PM on 12/30/06
thedudes
User Info.
ben makes my pants fit funny
06:52 PM on 12/30/06
CT-Tim
I Care
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If I remember correctly, one of the guys works at Guitar Center in Glen Burnie, MD. He was a pretty nice guy.
07:05 PM on 12/30/06
itaketoberlin
respect the process
User Info.
all time low wannabes. just like every other pop punk band trying to make it from maryland.
i honestly laughed when i saw there was a review for them. and the fanbase really is a bunch of teenie boppers.

to be fair, american diary has been a band for probably the same amount of time all time low has so i dont know about calling them all time low music. pop punk music will always be pop punk music. just generic and the same. but granted some bands do it better than others and add there own thing to it.
09:37 PM on 12/30/06
mikeyxxcore
Mike Welsh
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
to be fair, american diary has been a band for probably the same amount of time all time low has so i dont know about calling them all time low music. pop punk music will always be pop punk music. just generic and the same. but granted some bands do it better than others and add there own thing to it.

funny, I dont like either but you can hear how All Time Low is LIGHTYEARS ahead.

oh, and all time low has been a band for a decent amount longer than American Diary.
where'd you get that info?
10:23 PM on 12/30/06
whattafxcksup
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
ok, everyone who is basically saying they dont like american diary, obviously doesnt know them. these are 4 very nice guys who are not wanting to be like any other band, only themselves. they worked so hard for the cd and music they have, and its not appreciated by you people who call them wannabes and what not. get your head out of your as$s and give them a chance. you criticize this music, try making your own. its not as easy as it seems, and as far as these 4 guys have made it, is impressive. alot of bands go nowhere. this band is going somewhere. as far as im concerned, yeah they do have alot of teenage fans, and the drummer is very attractive. but thats not what they are all about. they have fans of all ages. if you would stop being so shallow and steriotypical, maybe you could realize how good of a band this really is. i rest my case. american diary is a great and unique band that consists of 4 of the nicest, funniest, and most outgoing guys ive ever known.
10:31 PM on 12/30/06
PassedOut
Ding!
User Info.
funny, I dont like either but you can hear how All Time Low is LIGHTYEARS ahead.

oh, and all time low has been a band for a decent amount longer than American Diary.
where'd you get that info?

I really don't see the point in arguing about who has been a band longer and its not like the kid was knocking All Time Low. AD have been around for awhile, they are a Baltimore scene staple and they are really hardworking guys. If you don't like them on CD, I would reccomend coming out to a live show, its where they really shine.

Also, I dont think its fair to make fun of a band for having young fans. The whole scene here is pretty young, they can't help that. I think its great of them that they actually take the time to talk to all of the kids that support them.

They are great guys and they work really hard. People should give them more of a chance.
10:36 PM on 12/30/06
mostcallme LaLa
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
wow...
im going to have to disagree with most off the people on here.
AD is pretty much amazing.
And you cant say they dont have awesome music. because they do.
Also, they dont diss you like the other big bands. they actually chill and talk to you.

Oh! and you should go to their concert on the 13th. i know i am. =],,,, only because i love them though.

i dont care what anybody says... they are still awesome in my book... ha.

and, not only 15 year olds think the drummer is hot. Others do too. Like me. lol. he is pretty hott though. actually, all the guys are amazingly gorgeous. Don't be jealous.

llol.
10:51 PM on 12/30/06
diasflac
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
shutup
10:54 PM on 12/30/06
chuckw
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this band rocks
Options