Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 40
06:01 PM on 01/03/07
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
how does a rap cd get a 83% and all time low get like a 20%. not that i am totally against rap, i just dont see how the bias works in its favor on a website called absolutepunk
All Time Low is terrible.
06:20 PM on 01/03/07
hxchairstylist
Hair on Mars
User Info.
I was jammin' this before work today. This is a brilliant album, and it lived up to what hopes I had for it. Great assessment in saying it's his best since "stillmatic". This is my #1 hip-hop album of 06. And it came out LAAATE in the game...
08:03 PM on 01/03/07
mogwaifearsatan
feels good man
User Info.
how does a rap cd get a 83% and all time low get like a 20%. not that i am totally against rap, i just dont see how the bias works in its favor on a website called absolutepunk

Easy. Nas is one of the most talented figures in music of the last 20 years, All Time Low is a bunch of angsty 20-somethings playing a rote recitation of generic pop punk. Which would you give the better review to?
10:15 PM on 01/03/07
emiliodelgado
User Info.
1)mos def
2)young jeezy
3)clipse
4)nas

best hiphop/rap cd's of last year
10:21 PM on 01/03/07
emiliodelgado
User Info.
Easy. Nas is one of the most talented figures in music of the last 20 years, All Time Low is a bunch of angsty 20-somethings playing a rote recitation of generic pop punk. Which would you give the better review to?
you must be kidding, right? nas is good and all, but not one of the most talented. ATL know theyre not groundbreaking and they know they sound like everyone else, but they have fun doing what they do. You can't really compare both of these bands, well artist since Nas is his own man, and be completely serious, and by attacking ATL and labeling them as "a bunch of angsty 20-somethings" is pretty petty of you since you have not met them.

plus, you listen to your fair share of roto recitating generic poppunk bands.
11:06 PM on 01/03/07
callmebubbles
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The record is amazing, but I still think that Clipse's new record is above HHID. The shit bumps. Although the song with Jay-Z on HHID (black republican) is pretty dope.
11:08 PM on 01/03/07
preppyak
I hate Vincent Jackson
User Info.
http://www.absolutepunk.net/faq.php?...s#faq_not_punk
11:23 PM on 01/03/07
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
The record is amazing, but I still think that Clipse's new record is above HHID. The shit bumps. Although the song with Jay-Z on HHID (black republican) is pretty dope.

Ditto, Clipse is still easily my favorite hip hop album of this year.
11:23 PM on 01/03/07
lifeishell
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i really dont think that was his point.

That's what I gathered from several interviews I've read.
06:20 AM on 01/04/07
Kyle Thrash
@thrash_itup
User Info.
this cd is stuck in my car cd player. literally. my cd player broke with it in it. but when it starts working again ill give this shit another spin. its reall good so far though.
08:32 AM on 01/04/07
mikeford
firefrancona.blogspot.com
User Info.
That's what I gathered from several interviews I've read.

its more that hip hop got too commercial and everyone let the labels take all the power from the artist.
08:33 AM on 01/04/07
mikeford
User Info.
you must be kidding, right? nas is good and all, but not one of the most talented.

um
he has a top 5 all time album to his credit.

start backpedaling cuz you clearly dont know what youre talking about.
01:36 PM on 01/04/07
emiliodelgado
User Info.
lol top 5 all time? oh my. you mean for the year 2003? it's yearly not all time.
but then you must also be saying that 50 cent is much more talented than Nas? he had 2003's number 1 album. as well as creed, who was number 2 in 2002! wow, yeah youre so right.

if you want to get someone who's extremely talented, go listen to some tupac and biggie. or better yet just stick to listening to nas, at least he's good and aint no vanilla ice.
03:59 PM on 01/04/07
mikeford
User Info.
illmatic, moron. ever heard of it? its in the top 5 of all time. youre a 17 year old know-nothing, don't come at me about rap.
06:53 PM on 01/04/07
BruisedxBroken
Our song, the sound of suffering...
User Info.
nothing nas does from here on out will ever touch illmatic...

...on a side note, whats all this shit about All Time Low? Put Up or Shut Up was terrible, by any genre standard. Plus, I seem to remember most people running with the more favorable review that compaired em' to The Academy Is and Cartel, so it's a moot point anyway...

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos