Password

Album Review

Miracle Max - Self-Absorbed Album Cover

Miracle Max - Self-Absorbed

Reviewed by
Miracle MaxSelf-Absorbed
Record Label: Self Released
Release Date: 08 October 2010
Seattle pop-punkers Miracle Max formed in early 2008 under the band name “The Follow Through” but after a handful of shows changed the band name to Miracle Max (remember the wizard from The Princess Bride?) and have finally released their debut EP Self-Absorbed. The bands brand of synth-infused pop-punk has already gained them a following, and there Debut is likely to make it grow even larger.

The album opens with the fast-starting and incredibly catchy “Learn To Love It”, that showcases the best of the band, as infectious synth lines play during the introduction which soon leads into lead singer Tyler Wilson’s soaring vocals that drill there way into your skull. “Learn To Love It” transitions extremely well into the Atari’s-esque standout track of the album “The Last Nice Thing I Ever Say About You” which features adorably cheesy lyrics like ‘I can’t think of anything else to do / but stand in your room and think about you’ that are sure to bring a smile to anyone’s face and are complimented by great guitar work thanks to guitarist Kevin Loeskin.

“Get Out Of My Head” is a dancy number that is bound to be ‘stuck in your head’ for days that contains an infectious rhythm section provided by Scott Shipp (Bass) and Samuel Hirst (Drums), “8-Biter” is a synth-heavy song which finds the band sounding very similar to early New Found Glory whilst closer “Flying Down The Road” is a number about relationships while touring that brings the EP home with a bang.

Miracle Max bring a new take on pop-punk with Self-Absorbed, making it very dance-able while still retaining its edge, and after Touring with bands like The Atari’s, Broadway Calls, Rufio and The Swellers in 2010, Miracle Max are one of the better unsigned bands right now and are set to have an even better 2011.

Recommended If You Like Pre-Catalyst New Found Glory; The Atari’s; Veara (with less breakdowns); and awesome Pop-Punk

Tracklisting1. Learn To Love It
2. The Last Nice Thing I Ever Say About You
3. Get Out Of My Head
4. 8-Biter
5. Flying Down The Road

Check them out at http://www.miraclemaxmusic.com/
Or download the EP at http://miraclemax.bandcamp.com/ (You can get it for free but you should definitely support this band!)
This review is a user submitted review from WeWereGiants. You can see all of WeWereGiants's submitted reviews here.

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version