|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Red Light Sky
1. How did you get your band name?
When people think of a red light in the sky, they think of something ominous, looming, even scary...perhaps aliens...or a nuclear blast..either way it conjures up feelings of fear. We have always been about embracing that fear, delving into the unknown, and seeing the new beginning in every ending. Life is constantly changing and moving around us, and if we don't continue to grow and change with it we will all get lost in the storm. We offer that same strength to our friends and family (fans) and pride ourselves on our adaptability. Life rules, and aliens rock!!
2. How did this band get started?
Marc and Steve and Matt started coming up with ideas for a band, and on and off rehearsing parts for a little while. Then Jussi came in (being close friends with both Matt and Marc) and we REALLY started hitting the books and writing songs. A lot of the music was written in a van on the HIT THE LIGHTS Manatour (fall 2009). Derik was the last piece of the puzzle needed to create the sound that is Red Light Sky.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
four year strong, a day to remember, new found glory, hit the lights, and paramore were all huge influences on our sound for this record.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
FOUR YEAR STRONG...we feel like we would have an awesome time on tour with them.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Red Light Sky would be a polar bear for sure!!!!! Because we really like polar bear club(?)
6. Why should people listen to your band?
I think the reason people listen to music is because it gives them something to feel like they're a part of. When a song connects with you, it's because it lifts up your spirits, whether you're having a horrible day or an amazing one. We want to share that kind of connection with others and make powerful music for people to enjoy.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
I can't five star in that game at all because I suck, but we'd definitely have to a throw A FAIR FIGHT out there for all the Guitar Hero sharks. Let's see you play Jussi's lead on expert.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Fans, Friends, Family, and everyone that's part of our team.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
We'd like to see more alternative music integrated into pop radio and used in film and other art mediums.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Once Marc decided to jump off a Motel 6 bed and Tarzan swing on the window curtain. This was pretty memorable because he fell off and broke his toe. hahaha
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
ap.net is an awesome tool for people to use for discovering upcoming cool new bands and also discuss and review their work. Pretty sweet.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Dying Young" because it's the first song we wrote together.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Thailand. Europe. Japan.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The power to fly because we wouldn’t need a van to get to shows!!! Also the power to go to space and be able to breathe.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Not just yet!
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We play a mean game of soccer!!
18. What's your favorite holiday?
HALLOWEEN, CHRISTMAS, CHANUKKA and VAPPU!! (Vappu is a Finnish holiday)
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
hang out with our friends, go to shows, read books, watch LOST, play XBOX!!!
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
One of these days you will have to hear it to believe it: Matt can "flow" (rapping) nonstop for like 2 hours and come up with brilliant nonsense ON THE SPOT. Oh, and Marc cooks some mind blowing food (korean bbq pork tacos).
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first.
More From This Author
Buy the Music