AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Skyler - 11.08.10

Interviewed by
Skyler - 11.08.10The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Skyler
www.skylertunes.com
myspace.com/skylertunes
facebook.com/skylertunes
twitter.com/skylertunes

1. How did you get your band name?
It's my name....

2. How did this band get started?
I have been performing solo for years. Adam Scharff (guitar) was my guitar teacher from when I was 11 until I went to college at Berklee College of Music. I started writing with Adam and his brother, Michael Scharff (bass), in my senior year of high school. When I needed to find a band to perform these songs, Michael and Adam were the only musicians that didn't continually flake on me... And since we write songs together, it just makes sense. Enter: John Mullett. I met Johnny (fiddle/keys/guitar/etc.) on my first day at Berklee. We played a duo acoustic show in Boston, and he joined the band shortly after. We had a rotating door of drummers (including Adam, for a time) until we finally found Mark Davenport (drums) in June of 2010. With this solidified line-up, we are currently playing at every chance we get.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Our influences vary from The Beatles to The Clash, Bruce Springsteen to Green Day, Fleetwood Mac to Led Zeppelin. We're influenced by the songwriting of Tom Petty and the rawness of the Ramones, the power of the Who and the insight of Elvis Costello. For current artists, we really dig All-American Rejects, Jimmy Eat World, the Foo Fighters, and even Taylor Swift......

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
The Beatles for the screaming girls. The Clash for the energy of the crowd. The Who for the intensity of the performance. Justin Bieber just to find out how the hell he gets his hair to stay like that....

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
A turtle. Can a turtle be furry? How about a turtle wearing a fleece jacket.... or a black fleece hoodie....

6. Why should people listen to your band?
If you like good songwriting, played by talented musicians who can write great vocal harmonies, then you'll like our music......or suffer the consequences of our awesome Voodoo magic....

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
It would be cool to have any of our songs featured in either of those games. But none of them would be as hard as a Dragonforce tune......

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

My mom. What kind of douche bag wouldn't thank their mom?

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Casual Fridays. And I'd make all of the hipsters wear Chuck Taylors....

10. Memorable tour experience?

When I played a cover "Summer of 69" and found a note at the front of the stage saying, "How old are you? If we 69'd, would I get arrested.-The hot, Asian bartender"

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It's a great way to expose yourself to new fans....without getting arrested....

12. What is your favorite song to play?
Through the Fire and Flames.....

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
I'll let you know when I take a vacation.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
NSync. It brings me back to being in third grade and singing to all of the girls out on the playground.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

X-Ray vision. Do I need to explain?

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?

This is only the beginning....

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

I can't eat Gluten. It sucks...

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Arbor Day. Who doesn't love planting a good tree?

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Spare time? What's that?

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

I can make Meth.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums