AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Steel Train News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Steel Train 7" Of The Month Club

Posted by - 12:57 PM on 11/17/10
Steel Train just started a 7" of the month club which will feature previously unreleased material including re-mixes, B-sides, cover songs as well as some special surprises. This is only limited to 250 pieces of each vinyl pressed. Head to the replies to read more about it.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 33
12:57 PM on 11/17/10
Jamie Pham
@jamiepham
User Info.
We are THRILLED to announce the first ever Steel Train “7-inch Of The Month Club.” This will be a lot like the Fruit of the Month Club, but with un-released music, color vinyl and no chance of any of it ever going bad. Fans who subscribe will get 4 limited edition 7” colored-vinyl of previously unreleased tracks, running from January thru April. There will be ONLY 250 pieces of each vinyl pressed, and none of them will EVER be re-pressed. This offer will not come around again and these vinyl will never be sold anywhere else on-line. This is some serious fan only shit! Ordering period will open on 11/16/10 and close at midnight on 12/31/10. Once the ordering period is over no more subscriptions will be accepted. We’re also offering some exciting extras that come for all subscribers, as well as special bonuses for early subscribers. This is an idea we have been wanting to do for years and we hope you’re as excited about it as we are. We would also like to take a second to thank everyone for their continued support of or new record (and the band in general). We are so thrilled to be an independent/self released band, and it’s because of all of you guys that we get to do awesome stuff like this 7-inch club.

First 50 Subscribers Will Receive: Handmade ‘Steel Train’ back-patch, just like the one the band made for the new album cover All 50 back-patches will be custom-made by the band members themselves You’ll also receive a signed polaroid photo of your patch being made by the band.

First 100 Subscribers (including first 50) Will Receive: Free physical copy of “Steel Train Is Here” EP (limited edition EP from 2008, only available at shows or though this offer. Only 1000 ever printed, running low, never to be re printed again!) EP track list: “You And I Undercover,” “Touch Me Bad” (Live/Acoustic), “Dance, Dance, Dance” (Lykke Li cover)

7-Inch of the Month Club All Subscribers Receive:
• One limited edition 7-inch color vinyl each month ..for four months beginning in January
• 15% discount code at SteelTrainMerch.com
• Exclusive Steel Train U-Stream all-request ..performance/chat in January 2011

The 7-Inch of the Month Club will feature previously unreleased material including re-mixes, B-sides, cover songs as well as some special surprises. Each cover will be part of a 4-part custom painting by Alia Shawkat that will come together piece-by-piece as you receive each piece of vinyl.
12:59 PM on 11/17/10
HometownHero
User Info.
Going to do this.
01:00 PM on 11/17/10
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
$48 for four 7"s! And 15% off merch and a live chat. I would pay that much only if my favorite band was doing this but that's about it.

Edit: plus $14 shipping.
01:06 PM on 11/17/10
trappedintime
Yea, you were right about me
User Info.
Oh I'm gonna be so broke.
01:10 PM on 11/17/10
AmIWrong
Mickey is Sexy
User Info.
I looked up Alia Shawkat. Is it the same Alia Shawkat from Arrested Development?
01:12 PM on 11/17/10
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
User Info.
I looked up Alia Shawkat. Is it the same Alia Shawkat from Arrested Development?
Yeppers.
01:13 PM on 11/17/10
Smash Adams
Ain't no thing like me, except me
User Info.
Yup, Jack used to date her, he also dated Scarlett Johansson
01:20 PM on 11/17/10
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
I want that back patch, haha. Can't get myself to drop this much money on this though.
01:22 PM on 11/17/10
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
Yup, Jack used to date her, he also dated Scarlett Johansson
I think he still dates Alia
01:28 PM on 11/17/10
JordanBuell
and sail belly up to the clouds
User Info.
Wish I could afford this
01:34 PM on 11/17/10
heyguys123
User Info.
yeah, $48 for 4 seven inches plus $14 for shipping is absurd. otherwise i would do it.
01:34 PM on 11/17/10
af_punk86
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Better when Fat Wreck/NOFX did it.
01:36 PM on 11/17/10
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
too much awesome. This deal almost makes me want to buy a record player, i have been meaning to for a while... and these are going to be awesome, I might do it
01:38 PM on 11/17/10
topsecret
User Info.
i want to do this, but its so overpriced. i understand it will cost more for a small run, but close to $70 for four 7"s. i'd much rather wait for all 4 than pay $14 shipping. this is a bitch.

edit: it also sucks that you can't combine shipping. it might hurt a little less if i could go in on this with another person.

edit2: fuck it. purchased.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version