Password

05:35 PM on 11/18/04 
User Info.
Justin_stacy
Go AWAY! Batin'!
Kansas
Male
Originally Posted by Tanooki Suit
Best live action comedy since Seinfeld. Nothing can beat Seinfeld.

Although Arrested Development is good, I have to disagree....Andy Richter Controls the Universe (http://www.tvtome.com/AndyRichterControlstheUniverse/ ) is the best live action show since Seinfeld, and if it would have made it (which it didnít have a shot in hell of doing) it probably would have topped Seinfeld in a few seasons....

But that's the thing, original shows like this (or Andy Richter, or Greg the Bunny, or Seinfeld or Family Guy) normally don't last, because only a small market gets them or is willing to wait for a well thought out punchlines.....Seinfeld is the exception when it comes to originality, it lasted through poor rating, original, because NBC had faith in the show and Jerry & Larry. But Fox, although willing to take chances with original programming, puts no faith behind these shows, and if their not instant hits they cancel them without giving them a valid chance to build an audience. Family Guy proved that a quirky show can succeed but it takes time.....

Unfortunately, if it weren't for the emmy award(s), Arrested Development would have been canceled last year, perminately, instead of just short term...
06:35 PM on 11/21/04 
User Info.
Tanooki Suit
Enough of symbolism...
fuck off
Male - 29 Years Old
was fucking funny as hell. Seriously, one of the best episodes yet. The character who now occupies my avatar is one of the funniest guest stars ever.
12:28 PM on 11/22/04 
User Info.
turtlefootrx
glazed like a donut.
kalamazoo, mi
Male - 28 Years Old
hahahahaha he was funny as hell. it just never ended. he was everywhere!!
05:45 PM on 11/22/04 
User Info.
aminorthreat55
Bunuelito!
Baltimore, Maryland
Male
Yes, what a good episode. Especially Buster being in "Mexico" haha, and then you gotta love how he walked into his house and Oscar was going at it with his mom again.
08:31 PM on 11/22/04 
User Info.
EMO-tionRomance
Consistently Inconsistent
Duluth, Minnesota
Along with Scrubs, I think Arrested Development is one of the best sitcoms on television right now.

In fact, those are the only two I even make a point to watch.

Other than Smallville (ABC Family re-runs) and cartoons.
10:19 PM on 11/28/04 
User Info.
Gleebo
Annyong!
Lincoln, Nebraska
Male - 33 Years Old
Originally Posted by EMO-tionRomance
Along with Scrubs, I think Arrested Development is one of the best sitcoms on television right now.

I consider sitcom a dirty word. I think of sitcoms or shitcoms as I like to call them as a show with those god damn annoying laugh tracks

I consider AD and Scrubs to be comedies and the best of such on television and possibly ever. Sucks that neither one fares well in the ratings.

My passion for AD is borderline psychotic. I have seen most every episode at least 30 times. I can go weeks on end replying to people entirely with lines from the show.

Will Arnett is the next big thing.
10:24 PM on 11/28/04 
User Info.
Gleebo
Annyong!
Lincoln, Nebraska
Male - 33 Years Old
Best Buster scenes since 1x03 "Bringing up Buster"

The part where he crawls out of the trunk in Santa Ana 6 minutes after leaving home thinking he is in Mexico.

*Buster crawls under the trampoline and lies down*

Buster: "This shall keep me safe from the hot mexican sun".

And later on when the paperboy drives by and says "I know that guy! Hey where's your mother."
10:46 PM on 11/28/04 
User Info.
Bishop
Wolverines!
Orlando, Florida
Male - 27 Years Old
Originally Posted by Justin_stacy
But that's the thing, original shows like this (or Andy Richter, or Greg the Bunny, or Seinfeld or Family Guy)

Greg the Bunny wasn't really that funny, it had it's moments and I honestly thought that it had a lot of potential, but I can see why people didn't like it to begin with.
11:12 PM on 11/28/04 
User Info.
Gleebo
Annyong!
Lincoln, Nebraska
Male - 33 Years Old
Originally Posted by Bishop
Greg the Bunny wasn't really that funny, it had it's moments and I honestly thought that it had a lot of potential, but I can see why people didn't like it to begin with.

Tardy the Turtle's "taste like purple" line alone is worth buying the complete series on DVD.
12:25 AM on 11/29/04 
User Info.
Bishop
Wolverines!
Orlando, Florida
Male - 27 Years Old
"I'm Count Blah...blah."
05:55 PM on 11/29/04 
User Info.
PunkDrums182
I won't always live.. Not stopping.
New York
Male - 24 Years Old
god i love arrested development. That episode was great i love that show so much
06:42 PM on 11/29/04 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
hilarious show. god damn, so underrated too.
06:46 PM on 11/29/04 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
man guys i suck!! i love this show but i havent seen an episode since the new season started. i need the season 1 dvd. i turned it on last night and there was like fucking ice age on so i changed it. hilarious show though. anyun!
10:20 AM on 11/30/04 
User Info.
Justin_stacy
Go AWAY! Batin'!
Kansas
Male
Originally Posted by Bishop

You should give it a chance, like I said, really original shows take awhile to take hold of an audience....

Just check out the episode SK-2.0.....
10:18 PM on 12/10/04 
User Info.
aminorthreat55
Bunuelito!
Baltimore, Maryland
Male
Thoughts?

I thought the whole "Poof" thing in the office was hilarious. And how they used the Charlie Brown music whenever a character (George Michael, Tobias, etc.) got depressed and hung their head. What a great show. And Lindsey/Portia de Rossi is so hot, I find it hilarious how Maeby has her on a quest to have an affair.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets