Username
Password

11:45 AM on 02/13/05 
User Info.
hobotodd311
Potential Lunch Winner
Madison, WI
Male - 28 Years Old
i'd rather see new episodes of futurama.
12:01 PM on 02/13/05 
User Info.
marrost
stupid fuck / passionate enthusiast
I Am A White
Male
American Dad will grow on you. Half of the pilot has been floating around the internet for a couple months, and the first time I saw it, I wasn't too impressed either. I watched it again and after getting used to the characters, it began to grow on me. I thought the episode after the Super Bowl was excellent, especially after what I had seen previously. The show will develop and you will all love it. Just give it the time it needs and stop jumping to conclusions. You've only seen one episode. You're telling me you weren't laughing at the Hillary Duff, Ikea and Science Teacher/Frog gags? It may be similar to Family Guy, but what's wrong with that? The formula works so well, so why not see it put towards a different use. Like I said, it took me three times watching that episode to finally "get it." Just don't count it out yet. Watch it again tonight on adult swim, and try and see what I mean. Now that your expectations have been worn down a bit, you might change your minds.

I am really looking forward to some new episodes.
05:27 PM on 02/13/05 
User Info.
tbag311
R.I.P Blink-182
Portland, OR
Male - 27 Years Old
It's not that american dad is the worst show ever created....it's just that arrested development is 1000 times funnier.

and for fox to do some shit that would risk arrested development to get kicked off the air because of replacing it with american dad in a good time-slot, is just fuckin stupid.

that's it.....it would be a different story if american dad was actually funny, but sadly, it's not.....at all. :headshake
10:17 PM on 02/13/05 
User Info.
Justin_stacy
Go AWAY! Batin'!
Kansas
Male
Again shitty ratings (which the Simpsonís couldnít even improve) and high production costs compared to return is what is causing Arrested Development to be shelved. I don't understand how this is so hard for you to grasp? If it wasnít American Dad taking its place, it would be some other show. And at least with American Dad we get a show created by the man who created Family Guy, a show superior to Arrested Development in every way.
06:43 AM on 02/14/05 
User Info.
hairy
in Berea for...
Male - 31 Years Old
there is a Petition a this web page (http://www.petitiononline.com/Arrested/petition.html) to keep arrested Development on the air, please go sign it, this is the best show ever
07:01 AM on 02/14/05 
User Info.
Chemical Love
-
Boston
Male - 29 Years Old
i didnt know arrested development was getting cancelled. what the fuck is wrong with fox, that show is one of the best comedy's on tv (i personally think it IS the best one).
11:42 AM on 02/14/05 
User Info.
Trainsaw
This link is in another thread but if any one here is a fan of AD please sign this petition to keep it on the air. Buy the DVD's (They're only $20) and Spread the word of the show to your friends

Arrested Development Petition
04:00 PM on 02/14/05 
User Info.
Alk3DCStars71
Beautiful Disaster.
MIchigan
Female - 28 Years Old
I didn't like Arrested Development at first, but now it has grown on me.

And I didn't like American Dad as much as Family Guy from what I've seen so far. I didn't like the Goldfish, but the alien is so hillarious in a passive-aggressive way, even though he sounds like Paul Lynde (Templeton from Charlotte's Web for those who don't know). I just don't think that it will do that good. It should have premiered before the election when almost everyone was mad at the president, and now it probably won't do that well because now it seems as if everyone is back supporting him again.

Family Guy is new starting May First- I'm counting down the days :lol2:
04:26 PM on 02/14/05 
User Info.
Gleebo
Annyong!
Lincoln, Nebraska
Male - 33 Years Old
Good to see others fighting the good fight around here...My signature has some more info.
04:30 PM on 02/14/05 
User Info.
Gleebo
Annyong!
Lincoln, Nebraska
Male - 33 Years Old
Originally Posted by Justin_stacy
And at least with American Dad we get a show created by the man who created Family Guy, a show superior to Arrested Development in every way.

An opinion I choose to disagree with. Family Guy was good and all but I think Arrested is far better and has been since the first episode. Both are great shows. So far "American Dad" is not.

There's still a chance AD could be around next season. Check out my link on my signature to find out how you can.

I would have rather had new Futurama than new Family Guy.
04:35 PM on 02/14/05 
User Info.
The Gray Ghost
Male - 25 Years Old
FOX publicly said recently that they have no plains on canceling Arrested Development, but on the other hand David Cross has said that they have stopped production on the show. Who knows?
04:36 PM on 02/14/05 
User Info.
mondeoman
Is A Sense's Fail Fan
No Avatar Selected
Yeah I'm signing it anyway. I love this show.
10:29 PM on 02/14/05 
User Info.
Scuba Chris
...has a gambling problem
Jersey!!!
Male - 31 Years Old
Seriously, AD is the funniest show I have seen on TV in a long time.
Check it out on Sundays or pick up the DVDs of Season 1. You will get hooked.
11:14 PM on 02/14/05 
User Info.
Signals Corrupted
My name on her leg
Ted Leo Country
Female
this is pretty much the only televsion i watch. so i hope it stays on the air.
09:08 AM on 02/15/05 
User Info.
monkee
No Avatar Selected
Male - 44 Years Old
lame show

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles