Username
Password

12:46 PM on 11/20/10 
User Info.
tottivillarossi
these pretzels are makin me thirsty
West Midlands, UK
Male - 24 Years Old
Thanks, dude. I appreciate it. You d/l the AFF album?
I didn't. Is it free?
12:46 PM on 11/20/10 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
Good point, but I guess I just hold artists to represent other artists or bands that have had a direct influence on them/their music, or other artists in their realm/friends. Chad Perrone/Averi to you, probably have had a lot of influence in the way you write, or you could tour/be legitimate friends with them other than taking pictures with them at shows. I can't prove that Demi's taste in "scene" bands hasn't had an influence on her, but I don't think they have. If I could see the influence, I wouldn't have as much a problem with it. Just like how you jock Averi..I can see the influence, so I don't mind it. And like I said, it's cute once or twice, but it gets old.

I jock Taylor because I genuinely love her music, not to sway anyone to listen to them. If I can convince people to listen to her, great, but that's not my ultimate goal. I jock Taylor not for publicity (she doesn't really need any more, and the most futile is the jocking I do on a predominantly "punk" message board, it's not really gaining her any more fans. It's just for my own peace of mind and excitement).

I'm sure Demi's cooler than your younger sister

I personally disagree. I think your getting the ball rolling on a conversation about actually enjoying her music probably got some people who otherwise would have dismissed her to give her a real listen first.
12:47 PM on 11/20/10 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified

'Tis. Though if you could spare a buck (fucking bandcamp and their limits of free d/l's) it wouldn't go unappreciated.
12:50 PM on 11/20/10 
User Info.
tottivillarossi
West Midlands, UK
Male - 24 Years Old
'Tis. Though if you could spare a buck (fucking bandcamp and their limits of free d/l's) it wouldn't go unappreciated.
How do BandCamp charge you? Because I have no credit/debit card or paypal.
12:56 PM on 11/20/10 
User Info.
tottivillarossi
West Midlands, UK
Male - 24 Years Old
I've got Chris' address if you want to send him a couple British Pounds. Or Euros. They sure as hell beat the US Dollar at this point, haha.

I don't actually have his address. I did from the CD he sent me, but I threw the envelope away, haha.
I wouldn't send money anyway. Nobody sends money in the post anymore, the Royal Mail are sneaky.

Instead, have this video:

12:56 PM on 11/20/10 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
How do BandCamp charge you? Because I have no credit/debit card or paypal.

Ah. In that case, d/l away. It's paypal. Appreciate you checking it out, sir.

I guess my only point is that I wouldn't have an issue if I could see/hear the influence, but since I can't, it's hard for me to see how she really "loves" these bands. It's not Demi's fault, it's more or less mine for being judgmental when it comes to judging how people like music when they write music, and how I hold them to make comparable music to their influences.

I probably have, but like I said, I don't think I've ever approached someone on here like, "OMG Taylor Swift is amazing. You NEED to check her out." It's more people reading a conversation between me and others (mostly you and Tim) about how great an artist she is, rather than name dropping. Perhaps if instead of listing bands on Twitter and interviews she discussed why she liked them I wouldn't have as much an issue.

This is coming off more "hating" on Demi than I ever intended. It's just me splitting hairs; it doesn't actually bother me all that much.

Dude if I didn't like all the music that doesn't come through in my songs, I'd have enough extra money to buy a car. Not everything you listen to is an influence. It can't be.
12:58 PM on 11/20/10 
User Info.
tottivillarossi
West Midlands, UK
Male - 24 Years Old
Don't forget that she's signed to a major label, so how much influence would/could she really have over the producers?
01:05 PM on 11/20/10 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
I know. It's just me being nit-picky. But, like I said, you don't give a laundry list of what you like in a majority of open discussions, so I wouldn't expect it to. If you listed 10 bands you like in every discussion, and I didn't hear it in your music, I'd call you a hypocrite.

Guess we'll agree to disagree, my friend.
01:07 PM on 11/20/10 
User Info.
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
Austin, Texas
Male - 22 Years Old
I like her. She's better than all the other Disney stars. I hope she gets the help she needs. I used to love how she seemed like the only good/clean one,

Well look at it this way, she's the only one strong enough to admit she needs help with some problems.
Every single Disney star has personal problems to some extent but most of them can't admit when they are fall off track.

Demi is the strongest and most talented of those kids. She's probably the only one that will have a career once her time is up with Disney
01:11 PM on 11/20/10 
User Info.
tottivillarossi
West Midlands, UK
Male - 24 Years Old
Well look at it this way, she's the only one strong enough to admit she needs help with some problems.
Every single Disney star has personal problems to some extent but most of them can't admit when they are fall off track.

Demi is the strongest and most talented of those kids. She's probably the only one that will have a career once her time is up with Disney

What are you basing this on?
01:12 PM on 11/20/10 
User Info.
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
haha get out of here with this shit
01:12 PM on 11/20/10 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
But really, it's weird. I'm not trying to say that EVERY influence should be heard in music. I don't know, I think it's just me being like, "Oh, come on Demi, you don't really like them, do you?" because I know many artists that do similar things, and sound nothing like their "influences." I think I'm just in a bad mood from the Michigan game, haha. Ask me this question tomorrow and I bet I have a different opinion.

Haha. Will do.
01:13 PM on 11/20/10 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
haha get out of here with this shit

You admitted today to liking NSN. Let's not start this.
01:16 PM on 11/20/10 
User Info.
tottivillarossi
West Midlands, UK
Male - 24 Years Old
Okay, reformulated. I'm assuming Demi wants to make heavy music; not that she just enjoys it and likes hyping it. That's where my disconnect is. Glad I've figured it out, haha.

I can now see how she can like heavy music without necessarily wanting to write/perform it, by looking at myself as an old ska fan, but never wanting to play it (other than my high school band that is, haha). I guess I needed to make it personal before realizing this.
When are you going to change your avatar back to the one where she's wearing the red hat?
01:17 PM on 11/20/10 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
Okay, reformulated. I'm assuming Demi wants to make heavy music; not that she just enjoys it and likes hyping it. That's where my disconnect is. Glad I've figured it out, haha.

I can now see how she can like heavy music without necessarily wanting to write/perform it, by looking at myself as an old ska fan, but never wanting to play it (other than my high school band that is, haha). I guess I needed to make it personal before realizing this.

Knew you'd get there eventually. Haha.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version