Album Review

Run For It - We've Got The High Ground Album Cover

Run For It - We've Got The High Ground

Reviewed by
Run For ItWe’ve Got The High Ground
Record Label: Self Released
Release Date: February 03 2010
Who?

Run For It are a new band in the Pennsylvanian pop-punk scene and although they have only been a band for roughly just over a year, their skillful musicianship and passionate lyrics make their debut EP a hit.

How Is It?

Run For It are bringing the Punk back to Pop-Punk. The six track EP opens with ‘The Best’, which begins with a quick guitar riff, whilst the beeps of a heart monitor play over the top as the lead singer exclaims “I’m still alive” right before crashing cymbals and blistering guitar work take over. Together openers ‘The Best’ and ‘Pocket Full Of Dimes’ feature quite hopeful lyrics like “Now I wont settle for anything less / Than the best / The best for me / the best for you” and “There is nothing you can do / to shatter my dreams / There is nothing you can do / to change my mind and give up what I’ve got” that also show how serious this band are about their music.

Run For It show of their musical prowess with ‘The Stand Off’ which has darker lyrics about a bad break-up, ‘My Own Mountain’ is where the band explore their melodic-hardcore side which features screamed verses and gang vocals. ‘Harlot Town’ brings the pop side of pop-punk to the table whilst closer ‘Another Song About How Things Used To Be’ sounds like it would be right at home on a Living With Lions record.

Run For It are bringing punk back to pop-punk and if you like old-school pop-punk that leans more towards the punk sound and wish it would come back to the forefront of the pop-punk scene, Run For It’s debut EP is for you.

Recommended If You LikeOld School Pop-Punk; Lifetime; Living With Lions; New Found Glory; Saves The Day.

Tracklisting1. The Best
2. Pocket Full Of Dimes
3. The Stand Off
4. My Own Mountain
5. Harlot Town
6. Another Song About How Things Used To Be

http://www.myspace.com/runforitrock
Download it free at http://stereokiller.com/RunForIt
This review is a user submitted review from WeWereGiants. You can see all of WeWereGiants's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10
11:02 PM on 11/28/10
more heart
Your wick won't burn away
User Info.
Decent review. That RIYL better not let me down.
08:59 AM on 11/29/10
richardliesse
absolutely
User Info.
sounds fun. I like the song titles and how they're described to be.
10:39 AM on 11/29/10
dropjake85
User Info.
Thanks for the review! You can actually download the entire E.P. plus a brand new song for FREE here - http://stereokiller.com/RunForIt. Thanks again!
10:51 AM on 11/29/10
WeWereGiants
Cold hands, Lips blue
User Info.
Thanks for the review! You can actually download the entire E.P. plus a brand new song for FREE here - http://stereokiller.com/RunForIt. Thanks again!

I'll put that in the review for you guys.
09:31 PM on 11/29/10
yayitsjoe
An American Workplace.
User Info.
surprised you didn't mention that the singer used to be in bangarang. regardless, great review, i'll be sure to pick up this album.
07:46 PM on 11/30/10
WeWereGiants
Cold hands, Lips blue
User Info.
surprised you didn't mention that the singer used to be in bangarang. regardless, great review, i'll be sure to pick up this album.

Whoa, I didn't know that, I noted similarities though. That's awesome. Shows how much of a good reviewer I am :/
08:07 PM on 11/30/10
yayitsjoe
An American Workplace.
User Info.
Whoa, I didn't know that, I noted similarities though. That's awesome. Shows how much of a good reviewer I am :/
haha, i didn't mean to insult you or anything, sorry man.
11:35 PM on 11/30/10
WeWereGiants
Cold hands, Lips blue
User Info.
haha, i didn't mean to insult you or anything, sorry man.

I didn't take it that way, i'm just pretty new to reviewing and should've done more background research. Thanks for that though
09:54 AM on 12/01/10
yayitsjoe
An American Workplace.
User Info.
I didn't take it that way, i'm just pretty new to reviewing and should've done more background research. Thanks for that though
welcome!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version