AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Jimmy NaNa - 11.29.10

Interviewed by
Jimmy NaNa - 11.29.10The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Jimmy NaNa

http://www.jimmynana.com
http://www.myspace.com/jimmynana
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jimmy-NaNa/28871013193

1. How did you get your band name?
It's an abbreviated version of my full name, and a nickname I have acquired over the years.

2. How did this band get started?
After playing with many bands and musicians over the past 10 years I felt it was time to go solo and make music that truly and wholly reflects the person and musician I have become.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
I am influenced by any music that is inspired. I have close to 1000 albums spanning every time period and genre of recorded music. Not all of it is apparent in my songs but I try to incorporate as much as possible that fits the song. Some of my favorite artists are Third Eye Blind, Joe Bonamassa, 311, Jack Johnson, Brand New, Glassjaw, Coheed and Cambria, Deftones, Down and Above, Every Time I Die, He Is Legend, Marvin Gaye, The Temptations, Jimi Hendrix, Elvis Presley, The Spill Canvas, and Tyrone Wells.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?

Past, Jimi Hendrix just because I would want to see him in the flesh.
Presently, I would probably tour with Third Eye Blind or Jack Johnson because I think there would be a similar fan base that would appreciate my style of music.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?

Some type of lion or tiger. Mostly because I like to sleep a lot, as does the feline family, and no one would mess with me.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because its original, unique, and honest music with lyrics everyone can relate to and melodies that will stick in your head.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
I would probably put "I Can See" on there. It has a bunch of upbeat riffs and guitar solo section. It probably wouldn't be too hard to 5 star on expert if you're good. I couldn't, I play on easy.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
The person that paid off the voters to get me nominated and the person that paid of the voters to let me win. Oh, and my parents.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

The same thing everybody wants to change about every industry, corruption from money and power. But if I had money and power I probably wouldn't want to change that.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Playing a show in the dead of winter in NY where the venue's heat was never turned on. Hard to change chords when your fingers are frozen.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
A great site to find and promote new music.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
Of my own songs, I would have to say "The Thief". Of another band, "Tattoo of the Sun" by Third Eye Blind.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Anywhere that is not a beach and not over 80 degrees.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Any 60's rock or R&B my parents played and later on any music from K-Rock in the 90's.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

Tissue regeneration. I would never have to get hurt or die.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
I'm content with the music I have made and proud of it. Would I like to make money off it? Sure, but I'm happy I'm able to make it so at least a few people can hear it.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I don't think they know anything about me.

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Any holiday that gives me a paid day off of work.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Since I work full time, I make music in my spare time. Other than that I like to mountain bike, dirt bike, play video games, go to concerts, and try new things.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I'm not sure if work is a hidden talent but I create and update websites for people and businesses, including my own site. I'm also pretty handy around the house.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests