Promising Attempt - 11.30.10
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Promising Attempt (questions answered by Terrell Atrophy)
1. How did you get your band name?
Got it from a line in a Rancid song.
2. How did this band get started?
My drummer and I started the band to play more pop influenced music instead of the same tired metal every other band around us was playing.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Weezer, Rancid, Misfits, and The Beach Boys
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Title Fight, for the free buzz our band would get.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Probably a cat, they prefer to be left alone and sleep all day.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because people love hearing new music, and we pride ourselves on trying to be the most honest, personable band we can be.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Probably our song "The Mechanic And The Machine". Probably be quite a challenge to five star that song, lots of twists and turns.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Music would sound like it did in the 60's and be completely organic again.
10. Memorable tour experience?
I sleep too much to have any exciting memories
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It's a great resource to find new bands, or to read and discover cool stuff about your favorite artists and speak with different and like minded fans.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
It's a tie between "Handsome B. Wonderful" and "Worthwhile". "Handsome" is a straight up punk number and "Worthwhile" I think we just pull off best.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
A castle in Norway.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
To be in multiple places at one time, so we could play two shows a night and meet every fan personally.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Hardly. I don't think any one "makes it" anymore, I just can't wait to get to the point where Promising Attempt is what I can focus on 100% of the time
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I used to be in a hardcore crust punk band, Political Atrophy, hence the stage name, Terrell Atrophy.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I work too much to have spare time but I usually play MW2 on the PS3.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I don't know, I haven't found them yet.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |
Buy The Music