|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
Roger Miret and The Disasters - 12.08.10
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Roger Miret and The Disasters
1. How did you get your band name?
We were originally Kiss Kiss Kill Kill, but the label thought we should do something with my name as a focal point so we switched it.
2. How did this band get started?
I wanted to start a '77 style punk band because I had a bunch of AF songs the didn't fit the AF sound/style.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
I'm a HUGE Clash, Stiff Little Fingers fan. I grew up listening to English punk. That's really my biggest influence to this day.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
I've toured with a lot of my heroes but I would love to tour with The Who. I saw The Clash play in NYC and left before The Who played because they weren't punk enough for me at that time. What a jerk I was.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Um, I don't know. I don't like furry things or animals!
6. Why should people listen to your band?
People should listen to us because I think we're a good band. We give a shit about music. Whether its AF or The Disasters, I give 110% cause I still love it.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
"We're Gonna Find A Way" from our new record Gotta Get Up Now. I don't know how hard it would be. It's supposed to be simple and catchy! I hate technical stuff!
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
I'd thank all of the punk/HC community because they gave me a life and let me continue to live it after all these years.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I'd love for kids to buy CD's and vinyl again. People are missing out on such a big part of the band by just downloading a song, so I guess I'd change the marketing of music and focus the buying side of it to be less internet orientated. The promo etc is great but you don't even get to see the band or read the lyrics, etc.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Touring with Good Charlotte. We met some of the most honest people on that tour. Those guys LOVE music. It was amazing to play to 15000 screaming kids who were excited just to hear music. Obviously they were 10-15 year olds but that was me at CBGB's at 15 too. We had the same energy.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Its' just a great music website. I like to read what people have to say about live shows because that's a band's true being, so I love it for that.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
I like "Give em the boot" a lot. Its a great representation of our band.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Motown and Salsa
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I'd love to be able to see for huge distances because I think it would be cool and my eyesight is terrible.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
No. We've got a lot more to do. This new album has opened up a whole new thing for us. We're ready to hit the road and show
everyone that we're back.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Most people know me as a NYHC guy, etc. but I'm really just a quiet guy who loves to be around my wife and kids. I don't like to drink like I used to, so on tour I spend most of my backstage time just talking on my computer to the family.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Halloween - I like to dress up. Also, Xmas with the kids!
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Cook and swim in my pool. I like to read a lot to so I catch up on that.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can pull a rabbit out of a hat! I say cooking and wrenching on bikes and cars!
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first.
More From This Author