Username
Password
The The Snake Cross Crown News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 52.
01:44 PM on 12/29/10
TJ Wells
i'll see you at the movies.
User Info.
As I begin to sink into this fate that I have tried so hard to tread, while you sit with your magazines, your cigarettes, your apathy, we continue downward into lukewarm discontent.
02:08 PM on 12/29/10
singregardless
Jared Holley Trolley Engineer
User Info.
"a brief intermission" is one of my all-time favorites. purchased everything they released - felt awful for the drummer in the dvd. hope that dude latched on with another group or something.
02:22 PM on 12/29/10
pleasedontpanic
I believe. Help my unbelief.
User Info.
As I begin to sink into this fate that I have tried so hard to tread, while you sit with your magazines, your cigarettes, your apathy, we continue downward into lukewarm discontent.
Heck of a great song.

So bummed that these guys never really got noticed, but I'm so happy that I got to see them at least once.
06:41 PM on 12/29/10
imagination
/ignitetheknown
User Info.
love this band.
07:48 PM on 12/29/10
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
Fucking great band. I still go back to them frequently. I don't know of any other band quite like them.
08:11 PM on 12/29/10
Keith21
User Info.
Saw them open at one of Thursday's Christmas shows a few years ago. Everyone was pretty clueless as to who they were and were angry that Dillinger wasn't going on. Such a good performance though.

The documentary is really good and I'd recommend you pick it up if you still can. Worth the money.
09:01 PM on 12/29/10
Brian vs Shark
AP's biggest Mike Kinsella Fanboy
User Info.
Riyl?
09:11 PM on 12/29/10
bhs1158
hold high how faint your reasons
User Info.
Wearing my "On A Carousel of Sound..." shirt as we speak. Only got to see this band live once, unfortunately. So good.
09:17 PM on 12/29/10
bringthenoise
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
they were seriously one of my favorite bands in high school. that first EP, Like A Moth To (Before?) A Flame, was so clutch and then Mander Salis hit and everything went clusterfuck for me with them. i miss them alot now, thinking about it.
09:31 PM on 12/29/10
imposs1ble
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
think pink floyd in the dark side era, but in today's musical landscape. it's fucking incredible and all over the place.
10:05 PM on 12/29/10
echolalia16
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
One of my favorite bands of all time. I have never enjoyed a CD in its entirety the way I enjoyed Mander Salis. Its one of the most complete albums I've come across, without a weak point in any song. My username is track number 9 from that album and one of the most flawless songs I have ever heard. Cotton Teeth was phenomenal, gutsy, and fresh, unfortunately perhaps too much so, because it never caught on with the public.
I hope these guys find the time to pull out a handful of new songs, even if they bypass touring, promotional shit, merchandise, etc. They are one of a small handful of bands that know exactly what they're doing.
10:26 PM on 12/29/10
thesollopsist
Up all night, and down all day
User Info.
I miss these guys
10:40 PM on 12/29/10
PIG DESTROYER
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If you watch the documentary (which is incredible- interesting, powerful performances and beautifully shot), it seems pretty clear that their slow death was partly because they never got the credit or fanbase they deserved, yes- but much, much more because of their laziness. They just never had the desire to tour as much as you have to to make it. They didn't want to do really any of the things you have to do to be in a band, other than play music. I can 100% see where they're coming from- shouldn't making incredible music be enough? But it's not. They know that, and they weren't up for the challenge. It sucks, but thats life. And that's why they've disappeared.

It also seems fairly clear that there will be music eventually, either from the band as a whole or just a few key members (i.e. the singer). Maybe I'm taking suggestive quotes and making them out to be much more, but I think there will eventually be another album. Maybe a brief tour or just a few shows in key places, but at least another album. God, I hope so. I don't think you can create music that good, eventually finding their sound, and then just stop entirely.

Mander Salis and especially cotton Teeth live in my car and goddamn, what great albums to drive and sing along to. Please make more music. Please.
11:08 PM on 12/29/10
pleasedontpanic
I believe. Help my unbelief.
User Info.
think pink floyd in the dark side era, but in today's musical landscape. it's fucking incredible and all over the place.
Mix in classic Americana and I think you'll be a little more accurate.
11:53 PM on 12/29/10
EarlSweatshirt
User Info.
I haven't thought of this band in forever. Need to give them a listen again soon.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests