Username
Password

Comments: Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 52 of 52
10:06 AM on 12/30/10
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
One of my favorite bands of all time. I have never enjoyed a CD in its entirety the way I enjoyed Mander Salis. Its one of the most complete albums I've come across, without a weak point in any song. My username is track number 9 from that album and one of the most flawless songs I have ever heard. Cotton Teeth was phenomenal, gutsy, and fresh, unfortunately perhaps too much so, because it never caught on with the public.
I hope these guys find the time to pull out a handful of new songs, even if they bypass touring, promotional shit, merchandise, etc. They are one of a small handful of bands that know exactly what they're doing.
Echolalia is one of my all time favorite songs too.
01:01 PM on 12/30/10
HumtheTales
User Info.
One of my favorite bands of all time. I have never enjoyed a CD in its entirety the way I enjoyed Mander Salis. Its one of the most complete albums I've come across, without a weak point in any song. My username is track number 9 from that album and one of the most flawless songs I have ever heard. Cotton Teeth was phenomenal, gutsy, and fresh, unfortunately perhaps too much so, because it never caught on with the public.
I hope these guys find the time to pull out a handful of new songs, even if they bypass touring, promotional shit, merchandise, etc. They are one of a small handful of bands that know exactly what they're doing.
This.

I absolutely adored this band, saw them play for the first time with mewithoutYou when "Catch For Us the Foxes" just was released. Saw them every time they came back to San Diego and I loved them for it.

I purchased the documentary and yeah, all it seems like is that they didn't get an initial fan base they deserved and they hated touring so much to keep the fan base they had. It was such a bummer, and I can be wrong but it seemed that they essentially hated being around each other for the long periods of touring, but loved to make the music.

I remember seeing them again with mewithoutYou at least 4 years after I first saw them, right before Cotton Teeth came out, and I essentially asked them where have they been (might have been a dick move but I was sincerely curious) and they dodged the question. If you watch the documentary it explains it all.
03:21 PM on 12/30/10
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
User Info.
This was a beautiful band. I've enjoyed every release they've put out.

Sorely missed.
06:57 PM on 12/30/10
Adrian Villagomez
Heading Over to See 'Bout This Girl
User Info.
I found their EP underwhelming, but I love "Letter." It is an amazing song.
10:38 PM on 12/30/10
imposs1ble
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Mix in classic Americana and I think you'll be a little more accurate.
fair call. agreed.
11:43 PM on 01/01/11
overdue
Overdue Collection Agency founder
User Info.
I have pictures of them from years ago somewhere. I need to find those.
08:10 AM on 01/02/11
mybreakingpoint
User Info.
one of my all-time favorite bands. "Mander Salis" is a flawless masterpiece, in my book.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos