|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
Tossed a few names around, some nerdy mechanical engineering names from Uni, just stuck with one.
2. How did this band get started?
Will and Drew have been playing for a long time together and with other bands. We picked up Andre Paglriarini on bass and he fit well with us. Check out Andre's new record with Gu (Boardroom Heroes). It shreds...
3. What bands are you influenced by?
When you listen to the full length debut you can tell that we have two different sounds completely through the record. At first, we just wrote a simple punk record, really trying to capture that Green Day-ish garage punk, but we found it naturally evolved into more of a Clash and Beatles based group. The Buzzcocks, Squeeze, Bowie, and a lot of modern punk still influences us.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
The Living End, The Clash, Refused (not sure how that would go-over), The Hives, Convoj.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Walrus, my favorite?
6. Why should people listen to your band?
The mixture of beatful, punchy punk instrumentation with the catchy melodies makes our music fun to listen to. It's great to pick apart what each person is doing, whether Dre is punching a bass line or Drew is sneaking a little guitar trick somewhere. It's a fun sound that will be refreshing. It also grabs the essence of 80's punk.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
"Love & Inertia," the final track on our full length, It is a six minute gem to us and it ends with a pretty rocking guitar solo. Not sure if it can beat some of the Guitar Hero kids though.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
HoWo, she's a beast; Evan, Andre, Gu, despite their paths they always support; Don Zientara (fugazi, minor threat, Jimmy Eat World) who worked our record tirelessly and also supported.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Less bands making good music so we could stand out! However, I love that at the same time.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Really loved our first show with the Drunken Banshees. They really dropped it and everyone was wild all night. Their "van-bar" is too much fun. There was another time we opened for a girl band who played in 13, 7, and 1,96856/2.5 time. They were really great to hear and omega-talented.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Best punk music resource, great to find the freshest interviews and it means....Absolutely Everything.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
I love to play our songs, but when we play them day after day covers become incredibly rewarding. I love our version of Iggy's "Search and Destroy" and "Roll Over Beethoven". Of ours, "Stand Up" and "A Day Off" are the best.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Great question since I'm sitting here now. The couch in Australia, coming down from the descendents and NOFX a few weeks ago. Africa is insane too.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
The Beatles and Stones (playing with old records). I loved finding new records through grade school. Blink, Green Day, The Living End, The Hives, and Saves the Day really pushed me well. And all the Fat Wreck bands, NOFX Lagwagon etc.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Teleportation, can go anywhere at anytime.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
While I feel that recording at Inner Ear Studios with Don Zientara was a dream and something I thought about from the age of 13, I still think there is always room for improvement. Can't wait to do another record!!!!!!
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We are all school nerds and have silly degrees and got good grades....shhhh....and play music all the time.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Xmas, not for jeebus reasons but the friends and food is always so fun. Wish you could see pictures from my Australian Xmas dinner. Holy Jeez.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Practice instruments I don't actually play (gives me weird grasp on music that I like), listen to music always, find new tunes.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I love to talk to anyone about anything.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first.
More From This Author
Buy the Music