|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
A former bass player came up with a longer name which included the word Attackhead, and I shortened the name to just Attackhead.
2. How did this band get started?
I started the band in late 2002 because I missed playing live and writing music.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Testament, Megadeth, Slayer, Tony Macalpine, BLS, Anthrax, etc.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Testament, Megadeth, Slayer, Exodus, Overkill. I think we all have similar music and the fans would enjoy a solid night of thrash. Plus these guys all kick ass and it would be an honor to share the stage with them.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
I never really thought about something like this. Maybe a monkey so I could flip people off and throw shit at them.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
If they enjoy old fashion thrash then I think they would like Attackhead.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
"Dark Ritual" would be a good song for Rock Band, in fact we are going to put this song on Rock Band next year. If you want to play "Dark Ritual" on expert you should bring your A Game.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
This question could be an entire paragraph but, in short, I think the industry needs to stop screwing the artists and make deals that are more equal. Most large bands leave labels and start their own because of bad deals with labels. If the deals were fair then the artists would stay, be more productive and everyone would win.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Playing a 4th of July show for the troops at Fort Irwin, CA. Having the honor to spend our Nation's Independence Day with the troops was amazing.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
I actually had not heard of your site until this interview but now that I know it I will check it out frequently.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
I donít really have a favorite as I love playing all the songs. But I must say I like to play our instrumental "Tazer" as I get to just play instead of sing as well.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Probably where I live in the mountains of SoCal. I live in a resort area so I am on vacation every day in a beautiful place.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Everything I play today reminds me of when I was a young guitar player. Our music is very old school so I havenít changed our sound much over the years.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The ability to transport myself anywhere instantly would come in really handy especially for tours and interviews.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
That is really a relative term. There are varying degrees of making it depending on what your goals are. I am happy about where we are in the scene, and I work every day to advance the band, but we have accomplished a lot and would not have regrets if this is all that ever came of us.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I am a vegetarian.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
I really donít have one. I enjoy every day regardless of the calendar.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Spend time sitting outside with my dogs.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I am a pretty good woodworker and use this talent to build stage props for the band.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first.
More From This Author