11:04 PM on 06/20/12 
User Info.
PAPER R1VAL
#YANKS
No Avatar Selected
South Carolina
Male - 24 Years Old
Is QB play really Virginia's problem?

They won eight games last year with, and I'm being pretty generous here, mediocrity at the position. Their schedule was pretty weak too.

Rocco completed 60% of his passes, but he only threw 13 TDs to go along with 12 INTs.

If London wants a game manager, Rocco can get the job done against most teams. But he's not going to take them to the next level like a high potential player like Phillip Sims may be able to do.

We're talking about replacing a player at the position with limited upside with a player that was once the #1 QB prospect in the entire country coming out of high school.
11:21 PM on 06/20/12 
User Info.
TheOtherAndrew
Hail the Bandits
Baton Rouge, LA
Male
They won eight games last year with, and I'm being pretty generous here, mediocrity at the position. Their schedule was pretty weak too.

Rocco completed 60% of his passes, but he only threw 13 TDs to go along with 12 INTs.

If London wants a game manager, Rocco can get the job done against most teams. But he's not going to take them to the next level like a high potential player like Phillip Sims may be able to do.

We're talking about replacing a player at the position with limited upside with a player that was once the #1 QB prospect in the entire country coming out of high school.
The TD/INT ratio's a fair point, but UVA averaged 238 yards per game last year. That's pretty respectable. Not great, but it doesn't seem like a massive problem. I don't think it'd be impossible for them to have a good season if Rocco manages to limit the interceptions.

Of course I think I watched 1/4 of one UVA game last year so I probably don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. Just looking at stats, really.
11:32 PM on 06/20/12 
User Info.
DooDooBird
If Phillip Sims gets immediate eligibility, UVA could make some noise.

Doubtful
09:10 AM on 06/21/12 
User Info.
ShimmerAndSpill
Be Brave
Tallahassee
Male - 22 Years Old
As much as I dislike Dabo Swinney, Clemson's offense is going to be fucking brilliant in 2012.

Chad Morris is an offensive guru and pretty much all of their key players are returning. Mike Bellamy left the program, and that's an under-the-radar loss that will hurt the Tigers. Dwayne Allen is also gone, but they should be able to replace his production in the passing game without much trouble.

Tajh Boyd will be a Heisman dark horse if he stays healthy. In that system, he's going to put up big numbers.

Yeah Chad Morris is great and they just hired Venables who should really make that defense better. I think they're going to stagnate due to being in a new defensive system and the fact that they're losing about 60% of their snaps from the offensive line. FSU had great athletes on offense last year, but all that production soured because the offensive line got hurt and couldn't run block.

If Phillip Sims gets immediate eligibility, UVA could make some noise.

Duke's quarterback (Sean Renfree) looks like an NFL prospect. The Blue Devils won't be very good, but it'd be nice to see them make it to a bowl game.

Damn, I forgot that he transferred there, yeah if he's eligible they could be really good.

I hate Duke so much in basketball that I just want them to lose at everything else haha.
09:21 AM on 06/21/12 
User Info.
rollerman4221
Woof!
Orlando, FL
Male - 24 Years Old
so word is Jameis Winston is saying at FSU. Ballin.
09:24 AM on 06/21/12 
User Info.
PAPER R1VAL
#YANKS
No Avatar Selected
South Carolina
Male - 24 Years Old
Yeah Chad Morris is great and they just hired Venables who should really make that defense better. I think they're going to stagnate due to being in a new defensive system and the fact that they're losing about 60% of their snaps from the offensive line. FSU had great athletes on offense last year, but all that production soured because the offensive line got hurt and couldn't run block.

Clemson's offense is good enough to carry them early on when the defense is still trying to figure things out.

I actually won't be surprised if that defense comes out and plays well early on - Swinney may not be the best coach around, but he and his staff have done a hell of a job recruiting...especially on the defensive side of the football. Their linebacking corps is going to be special when it's all said and done - Stephone Anthony and Tony Steward (5 stars on Rivals) were two of the best LB prospects coming out of high school last year.

Steward played a lot early on, but tore his ACL. If he's able to bounce back quickly, watch out - he's an animal.

If the Tigers can get past FSU in their fourth game of the year, they have a shot to run the table all the way to their rivalry game at the end of the year...that should be a good one.
09:25 AM on 06/21/12 
User Info.
ShimmerAndSpill
Be Brave
Tallahassee
Male - 22 Years Old
so word is Jameis Winston is saying at FSU. Ballin.

Yep! Going to play baseball here too I believe.
09:27 AM on 06/21/12 
User Info.
ShimmerAndSpill
Be Brave
Tallahassee
Male - 22 Years Old
Clemson's offense is good enough to carry them early on when the defense is still trying to figure things out.

I actually won't be surprised if that defense comes out and plays well early on - Swinney may not be the best coach around, but he and his staff have done a hell of a job recruiting...especially on the defensive side of the football. Their linebacking corps is going to be special when it's all said and done - Stephone Anthony and Tony Steward (5 stars on Rivals) were two of the best LB prospects coming out of high school last year.

Steward played a lot early on, but tore his ACL. If he's able to bounce back quickly, watch out - he's an animal.

If the Tigers can get past FSU in their fourth game of the year, they have a shot to run the table all the way to their rivalry game at the end of the year...that should be a good one.

So mad that FSU missed out on Steward. Swinney is really only keeping his job because of how well they've been recruiting and how good his assistants are. I think Morris makes something ridiculous like 65% of Dabo's salary lol.
09:31 AM on 06/21/12 
User Info.
PAPER R1VAL
#YANKS
No Avatar Selected
South Carolina
Male - 24 Years Old
So mad that FSU missed out on Steward. Swinney is really only keeping his job because of how well they've been recruiting and how good his assistants are. I think Morris makes something ridiculous like 65% of Dabo's salary lol.

Yeah haha the university gave Morris a huge raise to keep him from going to Ohio State with Urban Meyer.

Without Morris, Swinney would be under the microscope and on the hot seat. Once Morris eventually bolts for a head coaching job, everyone will realize this.
11:33 AM on 06/21/12 
User Info.
rollerman4221
Woof!
Orlando, FL
Male - 24 Years Old
Yep! Going to play baseball here too I believe.

Yea I think so, but the hump was just getting him to not go in the draft, now he has to stay 3 years.
11:43 AM on 06/21/12 
User Info.
ShimmerAndSpill
Be Brave
Tallahassee
Male - 22 Years Old
Yea I think so, but the hump was just getting him to not go in the draft, now he has to stay 3 years.

Pretty sure he's going to be fully committed to playing football, would be interesting to see if he can get the starting job after he redshirts this year.
03:53 PM on 06/21/12 
User Info.
BroekHosen
In my dreams we drift away
S. Carolina
Female - 25 Years Old
Yeah haha the university gave Morris a huge raise to keep him from going to Ohio State with Urban Meyer.

Without Morris, Swinney would be under the microscope and on the hot seat. Once Morris eventually bolts for a head coaching job, everyone will realize this.

Oh no, don't tell me you're a Clemson fan.
04:10 PM on 06/21/12 
User Info.
PAPER R1VAL
#YANKS
No Avatar Selected
South Carolina
Male - 24 Years Old
Oh no, don't tell me you're a Clemson fan.

I graduated from Clemson in 2011.
04:11 PM on 06/21/12 
User Info.
BroekHosen
In my dreams we drift away
S. Carolina
Female - 25 Years Old
I graduated from Clemson in 2011.

Even worse.
04:14 PM on 06/21/12 
User Info.
PAPER R1VAL
#YANKS
No Avatar Selected
South Carolina
Male - 24 Years Old

Why do USC grads keep their diplomas on their dashboards?

So they can park in handicap spaces.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version