AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
32 Leaves - Welcome to the Fall Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 7.5
Musicianship 8
Lyrics 6.75
Production 8.5
Creativity 6.25
Lasting Value 7
Reviewer Tilt 7.25
Final Verdict: 73%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.

32 Leaves - Welcome to the Fall

Reviewed by: Scott Irvine (02/16/07)
32 Leaves - Welcome to the Fall
Released September 6th, 2005
Double Blind Music

Who?

Along with Opus Dai, Arizona’s 32 Leaves make up the bulk of appeal for Double Blind Music and coincidentally for ‘hard rock’, as well. But, don’t call it that; instead substitute it for "music for pensive, brooding people and their pensive, brooding friends” as Double Blind suggests you do.

How Is It?

You got to hand it to the phrase: “Don’t judge a [band] by its cover.” I wrote this band off almost as quickly as the first track, “Sudden Change”, got me interested with its feedback-to-breakdown intro. They do sound like a blend of Fuel, Breaking Benjamin, and Deftones, but these guys pull off the overplayed fairly well. Greg Norris doesn’t have the best voice but it’s akin the pipes of Shaun Morgan and the like, so fans of 32 Leaves’s contemporaries will have no problem adjusting. If you’re looking for a good just-under-mainstream release, Welcome to the Fall ain’t a bad way to go. Just be prepared to defend yourself when your indie friends pull it out of your car stereo in question.

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
11:10 PM on 02/16/07
S9Dallasoz
Knows the words to 'Bye Bye Bye'
User Info.
"All Is Numb", "Blood on My hands", & "Never Even There" could all do very well for them, at least judging by their success on Satellite Radio.
A better band is Memphis' Egypt Central who's had similar success, but with better songs. See "You make Me Sick" & "Over & Under"
www.myspace.com/egyptcentral
07:10 PM on 02/17/07
dalpro
dalpro
User Info.
this album is the shit but a few songs are alright 73 is a good is agood review though ,can't wait for a new album from these guys
11:38 AM on 02/18/07
applesandcyanid
Trollin' Absolutepunk.
User Info.
How about you guys review the Sparks The Rescue EP? They're going to go way farther than this band will.
02:35 PM on 02/18/07
Scott Irvine
Your Virtual Pnin
User Info.
How about you guys review the Sparks The Rescue EP? They're going to go way farther than this band will.

If Double Blind sends it to us, we will.
11:21 PM on 09/21/07
PMFtheman
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm tired of reviewers calling "Hard Rock" and "Alt(nu) Metal" bad. That is a great genre with greats bands that are making great, interesting and original music as much as indie is. Bands like 32 Leaves, 10 Years (the best), Breaking Benjamin, Cold, Chevelle, Evans Blue, FLAW, Flyleaf, Strata, Trapt and so forth are making REAL and passiomate music
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests