Tuck From Hell - 01.14.11
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Tuck From Hell (Questions answered by drummer Fredrik Johansson)
1. How did you get your band name?
When we started out we called ourselves “Broder Tuck” (Swedish for the Robin Hood character Friar Tuck). Then we realised that we wrote pretty badass thrash songs, and we needed to change the name. Since we have a lot of fans in our home area we needed a new name similar to the old one. So we ended up with Tuck From Hell. It´s funny and badass at the same time, just like the band.
2. How did this band get started?
2007: A bunch of childhood friends jamming together. Three of us lived on the same street back then. After a while we started to play thrash metal and here we are now!
3. What bands are you influenced by?
80´s thrash metal and heavy metal. Bands like Metallica, Slayer, Testament, Judas Priest and Accept. We also like the attitude and songwriting of old punk bands like Ramones.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Probably the same bands that we are influenced by. A tour with Slayer would be awesome! Imagine the mosh pits at that show, it would be insane!
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
A wolf! Wolves are badass! Or a bear…A big fuckin´ beast! Beasts are cool.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because we play with our hearts! Sure our lyrics might be funny and sometimes ironic...but that´s what we like! We sing about cars, getting drunk and smacking people in the head...but, hey, that´s what people do in this little s*** town we live in. That´s what we can relate to. And our music is straight forward, no bulls***!
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
I would say “Idol of God”, that´s a tricky one on real instruments anyway. So I guess it would be kind of hard on guitar hero too. I have never played those games, I prefer playing real drums so I can hit as hard as I like (which is very hard... haha).
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Our mentor, Nils Patrik Johansson (singer in the Swedish metal band Astral Doors). He is a blessing for us. And we would also thank Holger and the gang at metalville for giving us this opportunity.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I would like the CDs to be cheaper so that people could afford to buy them. And I would erase auto tune from this world.
10. Memorable tour experience?
When our singer Niklas Tuck Ingels took a dump backstage on the floor. Yeah, he was pretty drunk. Playing with the legends in Entombed was also great.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Great site! Never seen any website like this before, actually. Lots of Interesting bands to check out.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
That must be “King of Thrash” from our debut album thrashing. Some pretty nice riffs to play along to! Fast parts, heavy parts and double bass. That´s metal.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Since we are from Hell we appreciate almost any spot here on earth.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Metallica! And a Swedish punkrock band called ebba grön! I was born to rock!
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
It would be cool to have the super power to have all super powers! Maybe I could call myself BatHulk, and I could do what ever I want.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
We don´t care, we just like to rock out and have a good time!
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Hmm.. Our bass-player has watched Rocky IV over a hundred times. That´s weird, although it is a good movie.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
A holiday in the sun. With metal on the stereo and a beer in my hand, of course.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Play drums, watch horror movies and listen to metal. Maybe have a cold lager once in a while.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Our singer can drink beer very fast. Back in 2005 he ended up second place in a beer-drinking contest. He was 16 years old, so he was a young talent. I think that he drank 9 large beers in a couple of minutes. Then he climbed a tree and puked. This is a true story.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |