1. How did you get your band name?
Hate to say, it’s made up and doesn't mean anything. Back when we were trying to come up with a name, all we cared about was having something which wouldn't making people form an opinion before hearing us, like say - "Danger Cannibals" or "Cuddle Puppies".
2. How did this band get started?
It started out as a solo project and really got kicked off by the realization that I would distribute music to iTunes and other digital outlets globally for just a few bucks. I recruited a childhood friend and people I met in New York to fill out the group.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
To name a few - The Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead, Muse, Nine Inch Nails... bands that in some form are trying to push themselves to keep evolving and do something new.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Smashing pumpkins ~1996, or Radiohead ~1998. These are my two favorite bands at what I consider to be their peak.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
I would be Riley The Smiling Dog (http://i.imgur.com/annBL.jpg). He looks like he has a good life.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
The same reasons I listen to my favorite bands - great songs, variety in songs, big guitars, big drums, beautiful textures.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
I'd pick “Primal”, because it kicks ass and I know the verses would be super hard to do on expert.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
My influences, my parents, my bandmates, and, of course, God because it would mean that he liked our music more than the other bands.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I wish labels would stick with artists, let them evolve, take risks, and I wish modern music production didn’t end with someone trying to make it as loud as humanly possible.
10. Memorable tour experience?
At a show in New York last year, a couple enthusiastic fans decided to take their enjoyment up a notch by "lighting up" right in front of the stage. So this might not seem like a big deal for a concert - but keep in mind this was at a small club in New York (crash mansion), and people aren't even allowed to smoke indoors here. We appreciated their enthusiasm but unfortunately they got kicked out and arrested.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Well, to me - it is a company "dedicated to helping first time Internet users get their wings"... that's really nice of them to do that.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
I'd pick "Primal" (notice a trend here) - the ending is awesome for releasing some energy. Plus i love a song where there are parts for me to just sit back and listen to the rest of the band groove - the breaks in the song let me do that.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
A city with great food music, beaches, and weather. socal?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
My early childhood? The Beatles, Simon & Garfunkel - all the stuff my parents would play in the living room. Still favorites of mine today. My adolescent years? Straight 90s rock. All the good stuff - Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage Against the Machine...
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Mind control - that would make booking and promotion a tad easier.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
No way. I'll feel like we've made it when we are paying our bills with music... I don't care about being rich or famous, if I can pay my rent and feed myself with music, I think I've made it.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Doug (our drummer) and I have known each other since we were in preschool. Doug used to come over to our house and on the way out ask my mom for some food to take with him. I guess fate reunited us.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving - food. mmm.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
You know we're a band right? Ok besides music - I love gadgetry and good food.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Sometimes it feels like our musical talent is hidden from too much of the world - but maybe you can help with that....