1. How did you get your band name?
Well, it kind of just came to us one day. We were going through new band names pretty much every day, changing it and hating it. Band name generators do not work at all! 5 out of 6 of us went to the same Catholic grade school, and faith is a pretty big part of our lives, so the name stuck.
2. How did this band get started?
Basically, we all went to grade school and high school together. I was a freshman in 2007 and a couple of the guys and I started jamming, and we just kind of lifted off from there.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Pretty much all of our good friends: Texas In July, The Color Morale, Hundredth. Tons more.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Well, the bands I stated above would probably be our first choices, since we are friends with them. But it would always be a dream come true to play with any bands that are doing it right now: Stick to Your Guns, The Ghost Inside, For Today.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Definitely a sloth because all they do is sleep and eat.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
In today's day and age in growing metalcore, it is extremely hard to find anything that is different. People are always telling us that there is something different about us, but they can never put a finger on it. If you are up to that challenge of finding what is different about us, I challenge you.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
I would definitely pick the song "Retribution" on our full length Successor. Seeing as it is one of the most challenging for us, it would be fairly difficult on the game.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Definitely our families and closest friends and God. All of our other fans and all of the people who have helped us out along the way.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
The never ending struggle of being an unsigned band and how messed up downloading is now. It makes everything so much harder for us, and the fact that people know that and still download uncontrollably is devastating.
10. Memorable tour experience?
We are leaving for our first more-than-weekend tour in June. We still have three guys in high school, so it has been difficult for us to travel for more than a weekend. But a couple weeks ago we were headed way up north in Wisconsin in single digit weather and were traveling over an icy bridge and our tire stripped 4 out of the 5 bolts and we almost lost the tire and would have ended up flying off a bridge. So we got towed to a town nearby, and one of our photographers picked us up with just guitars and merch. We ended up driving for an hour with 5 guys cramped in the back of a small Audi haha. We ended up staying in a hotel where our van was and it ended up being a great time!
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It is a great place to review bands and find new ones! I wish the site was extended to everyone and was more popular than facebook!
12. What is your favorite song to play?
We love playing "The Callout" off of Successor. That is going to be the new direction of our new music and we couldn't be more stoked on it.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Half of the guys like the east coast, and the other half likes the west coast. Pretty much anywhere that is not Wisconsin and cold.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Blink 182, Green Day, Backstreet Boys, all of those bands were great!
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
If there was a power that could multi task extremely well and get everything done that needs to get done on time, that's what I would get because it's so hard for me to multi task every single day.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
No, we are far from anywhere. Sure, we've come a long way and we are proud of that. But the road never stops, there is always so much to do. I don't think we'll ever feel like we "made it" completely but there are times where you feel like that for certain situations.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We still have half of the band in high school and every single show we play we are pretty much the youngest band.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Definitely Thanksgiving. The Packers almost always play and we all play football with each other.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
We like to do a bunch of things. Rock band, foosball, computer games, and just messin' around. We do a lot of dumb stuff that you wouldn't believe.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Well, Ike our guitarist is fructose intolerant (if you call that a talent), which means he can't eat sugar. Our bass player is an expert at computers. The rest of us are bums and really do nothing except the band and school. But seriously, we sit on the computer all day.
6. Why should people listen to your band? In today's day and age in growing metalcore, it is extremely hard to find anything that is different. People are always telling us that there is something different about us, but they can never put a finger on it. If you are up to that challenge of finding what is different about us, I challenge you.
there's nothing new/interesting about this band.