|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
One Step Away
1. How did you get your band name?
We felt that no matter how successful we became that there would always be a next step… we would always be ‘one step away’ from a goal, always striving to be better.
2. How did this band get started?
Friends Mike Nuzzolo and Terence Healy began jamming together in the summer of 2006, practicing together constantly. A year later, Mike found lead singer, Adam Carrington, when he saw him singing in a high-school play. It wasn't long before Adam joined with his well-trained voice, helping to define the sound that would become associated with One Step Away. A self-titled EP later and drummer Ben Trudeau joined and the group became an inseparable musical force.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
We’re all influenced by a lot of artists that span multiple genres. Some of our collective favorites are Boys Like Girls, Fall Out Boy, All Time Low, We The Kings, and A Rocket To The Moon.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Any of the bands we listed as influences would be incredible to tour with. Especially Boys Like Girls and All Time Low, who both have huge energy in their live performances and can sound as good on-stage as they do recorded.
5. If you were a furry animal, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
We would have to be a bulldog. We all love dogs, much more than cats, and have had one at some point.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We’re all really passionate about our music and we love what we’re doing. We think that anybody who listens to our music can instantly feel the energy and emotion that we put into it. We write about our own experiences, and we hope that people are able to connect and relate to our songs in a personal way.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Probably “In This Moment”. It’s one of our heavier songs and the guitar part for it is pretty cool. It wouldn’t be too hard to five-star, but it would definitely be a lot of fun to play!
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
First off we would like to thank all our fans, because without them we would be nowhere! We’d want to thank all our friends and roadies who help out at shows, as well as our parents who’ve supported us from the beginning.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
It would probably be how difficult it is to get noticed. It takes a huge amount of work, and there are lots of great artists who don’t get the recognition they deserve.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Our trip to LA was awesome. We got to play some amazing shows and had some crazy experiences. Despite some mishaps and technical difficulties, we definitely enjoyed it.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP.net defines the world of music and puts the real color on musicians and bands. It’s really great to find out about new artists as well as popular ones.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
I would say “Here We Go”. It’s our opening song and it’s a real fan-favorite as well as being a very fun song to play live that gets us into the music.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Definitely LA, the weather is great out there. Or Hawaii.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Watching old videos of our first times playing in bands or playing our instruments. We’ve been playing for a long time, so that stuff really brings us back. Bands like Green Day and Blink 182 are bands we still listen to, but whose music definitely was a big part of our lives growing up.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
It would probably be the ability to teleport anywhere we wanted so we wouldn’t have to spend so much time driving back and forth from shows and we could spend more time hanging out with our fans!
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Absolutely not. We are just beginning our journey. We have so much more to do – many albums, many tours…lots and lots of really big stages with engaged audiences!
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We really like playing video games together. We are all into different sports - like track running and jumping, throwing, soccer, basketball and tennis. Staying in shape is really important to us and it helps us put a ton of energy into our shows.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Definitely Christmas, no other holiday can compare. Presents, food, and family - it just doesn’t get better.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
We love just hanging out; watching TV, playing video games or listening to music. We also love going to other bands’ concerts when we get a chance.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
We all have different hidden talents. We collectively have all those sports we do and also some pretty amazing computer talents, sound recording, live sound, musical theater, dancing, martial arts, graphic design too.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |
Buy The Music