The Death of Paris - 01.29.11
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
The Death of Paris
1. How did you get your band name?
The name of our band is loosely based on the story of Paris and Helen of Troy. The selfishness of their love for each other destroys an entire city and we found it interesting that when people are so enveloped by their own emotions that they tend to forget about the rest of the world.
2. How did this band get started?
The Death of Paris formed when Nathan Harrop (singer / songwriter) was living in New Mexico and he ended up at a show where the unsigned band we were in was performing. We spent 3 years touring North America playing 260+ shows a year. Nathan approached us and invited us to stay at his house. That night we jammed and got to know him. He played us some amazing songs he wrote, and we asked him to open up the show in 2 months when we were coming back to play in New Mexico. Again he blew us away with his music. He asked us to collaborate with him on his solo album. By that point though we had spent a few years being the band we were and really wanted to start some new projects. So instead of collaborating with Nathan we decided to form The Death of Paris. Nathan, without any hesitation, packed up all his belongings and moved to New England and its been a crazy year for us ever since.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
NOFX, Rise Against, Soundgarden, Queen, Cartel, Bayside, Foo Fighters
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Foo Fighters (Dave Grohl just seems like the greatest human being ever, not to mention their music is so amazing). Touring with Rise Against would be great. Queen!!!!!
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
A skunk. Skunks are cute but you don't want to double cross one. They have a bad ass quality to them.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
The better question to ask would be "why shouldn't they?" We sing about real life experiences and we hope that people can relate and feel better about life.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
It would be amazing to have "Bed's On Fire" in Guitar Hero. There are actually kids who know how to hack the system and add songs to the system. We would ask them to make ours pretty challenging. We want kids to get so frustrated with our song that they tell their friends F*@k that band The Death Of Paris!!!!! Why the hell is their song so damn hard to beat?
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
We would definitely thank the trophy / award craftsman for making such a cool looking award. Wait, I think I'm actually getting the Grammy confused with the Moon Man award. Can I pass on this question?
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I wish that radio stations wouldn't play the same song every 10 minutes. You guys are probably thinking... he's just saying that because it's not his song. If radio was playing his song every 10 minutes he wouldn't care. WRONG! I would care. If I heard my own song played every 10 minutes I don't think I'd ever be able to perform that song on stage ever again.
10. Memorable tour experience?
All the amazing conversations we had while in the van. Its amazing how well you get to know your friends on the road.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP.net is information highway. I think I read AP.net news more than I read world news.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Bed's On Fire" is definitely my favorite song to play. I love how this song in particular reminds me of Thrice and Bayside mashed together. I love how the music of the song is so in your face.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
New Zealand. Its beautiful and lots of hobbits live there.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I really wanted to answer this with... I want to be like wolverine but he didn't have a super power. I guess my answer would have to be xray vision. So I can look to see what scratch ticket is the winning ticket.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Not yet. Not until we play Fenway Park as a headliner and sell it out in a matter of minutes.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I don't think most of our fans know that our first show ever as The Death Of Paris was opening up for Bowling For Soup.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving, hands down! We love food and the best food is served on Thanksgiving. Fact!
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Spare time??? Who has spare time these days? As funny as it sounds during our spare time we enjoy jamming on our instruments or watching Family Guy. Going out to see other bands play.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
We can do some crazy accents.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |
Buy The Music