|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
After a long and drawn out discussion of really crappy names, it only took finding the movie "Happy Accidents" on our bookshelf to come up with the idea.
2. How did this band get started?
Nicole (rhythm guitar) was trying to start something up after being kicked out of another punk band; she hit up Paul (drums) to start writing songs. After a few months, they found Andrew (lead guitar) on craigslist and Dan (bass) randomly at a bar. John (vocals) is Nicole's oldest friend and was about to be released from the Army on a medical discharge and wanted to band up when he got home. The rest is history.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
We are definitely influenced by bands we sound nothing like; Bad Religion, Megadeth, Pantera, Nirvana, Primus, Foo Fighters, and Millencolin to name a few.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
I think that answer varies for everyone; but currently we're all jamming to Four Year Strong, so we'd totally like to hit the road with them. Some punk rock legends like Bad Religion would be effing sweet though. We could never tour with any of the metal bands we like because we suck.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
A monkey in a bear suit. Don't ask, just accept.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because we're just writing songs that we think our good, and we have a great time playing them. We're not trying to mold ourselves into a category, we just love playing music.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
We have this song that's not on our EP that we close out shows with called "Sludge Master General." The solo that Andrew plays is pretty intense, and it's also a painfully long song. So it could be torture.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Our parent's. Probably not God.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
That's tough...I would say "give everyone a fair chance" but not everyone deserves it. I think it should be easier to submit your demo's to record labels. There.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Getting stiffed in Philly sucked pretty hard...
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It's a great opportunity for band's to not only get heard, but understood. All the chances to submit your music and actually be able to talk about your songs and the like is amazing.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"There's Always Money in the Banana Stand." Also a song not on our EP. Guess you just gotta come to a show.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
John and Nicole are pretty big into surfing, so anywhere with decent waves. Paul likes the cold.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Paul Simon's "You Can Call Me Al."
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The pic of destiny. Or the bong. Why not?
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Not in the slightest. We've got a lot of land to cover.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We quote "Friends" allllllll the time during practice.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Nicole can fit her entire fist in her mouth.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |