Password

11:59 AM on 02/14/11 
User Info.
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
Seattle, WA
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
I'm leaning towards doing this instead of Box Baseball. I know and trust the people behind it. Plus, it's just $9.99 a team.

http://ottoneu.fangraphs.com/support

I'm sure there will be a lot of interest. The depth of this seems unreal.

Why play ottoneu?

ottoneu is smarter, better fantasy baseball. We looked at the various ways that fantasy baseball wasn't living up to the sport it was based on and we improved each one.
  • Depth and Breadth With 40-man rosters, full access to the minor leagues, and competition as knowledgeable about baseball as you are, the challenge of building a winner is that much more exciting.
  • Build for Today and Tomorrow The end of the regular season is just the beginning. With ottoneu fantasy baseball, you have the option to keep every single player on your roster from one season to the next. Find the perfect match of stars and prospects to stay competitive for the long haul. Move expensive players for keepers if you're playing for the future, or sacrifice your future for today. The result is more options, more flexibility, and a better fantasy baseball experience.
  • Auctions for Everyone Gone are the days of lamenting your pick in the draft or missing out on a free agent because you could not get to your computer in time. All players in ottoneu fantasy baseball a...

There are 3 different types of game. I am definitely in favor of Fangraphs points.

There are 3 game types for ottoneu fantasy baseball. They differ in the categories used and the scoring methods:
  • Old School - Rotisserie-style 5x5 (AVG, HR, RBI, SB, R and W, SV, ERA, WHIP, K). For the traditionalist in you.
  • ottoneu Classic - Rotisserie-style 4x4 sabermetric-hybrid (OBP, SLG, HR, R and ERA, WHIP, HR/9, K). This is the stat set of the original league that has been active since 2005.
  • FanGraphs Points - Points based on Linear Weights. Based on work by Tangotiger and Justin Merry.
Everyone read up and decide if you want in. Weigh in with what kind of game you'd like to play. Like I said, I prefer points and I like that Tangotiger has weighted the point systems. Should be awesome.
12:05 PM on 02/14/11 
User Info.
pand75
@pand75
Toronto, On
Male - 27 Years Old
As previously mentioned, 100% in.
12:05 PM on 02/14/11 
User Info.
startBBtoday
i'd be for this. fangraph points sounds good.
12:06 PM on 02/14/11 
User Info.
xbrokendownx
Lets Go.
Southampton, PA
Male - 28 Years Old
Platinum Member
im not sure i have enough knowledge of MLB prospects to be good at this, but im potentially interested
12:10 PM on 02/14/11 
User Info.
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
Seattle, WA
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
I'm doing this. I'm creating the league. We'll fill it one way or another if we can't get enough people from AP. I know I have many friends who would love to be involved and are great, active fantasy players. I'm sure you all do too.
12:13 PM on 02/14/11 
User Info.
pand75
@pand75
Toronto, On
Male - 27 Years Old
Yep. My roommate would do this, I believe.
12:21 PM on 02/14/11 
User Info.
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
Seattle, WA
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
Created. It says I have 11 free spots in the league. Not sure how that works.
12:26 PM on 02/14/11 
User Info.
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
Seattle, WA
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
$9.99 to join until March 1st. We're doing the saber-slanted points system. Check out the rules for keepers (you can keep your whole team) and the auction style draft. This is going to be very unique and a total blast.

Doug, Pat, anyone else: If you want in, please PM me your email addy.
01:04 PM on 02/14/11 
User Info.
pand75
@pand75
Toronto, On
Male - 27 Years Old
Paid and in.
01:06 PM on 02/14/11 
User Info.
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
Seattle, WA
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
sweet!
01:07 PM on 02/14/11 
User Info.
cwhit412
College Park, MD
Male - 21 Years Old
Would be in if I didn't have to pay. Fuck.
01:21 PM on 02/14/11 
User Info.
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
Seattle, WA
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
Would be in if I didn't have to pay. Fuck.
Only 10 bucks.
01:28 PM on 02/14/11 
User Info.
troubledbyinsects
~
westfield, ma
Male - 20 Years Old
May or may not be up for this, I gotta wait a couple days and see. Don't hold a spot for me or anything.
01:57 PM on 02/14/11 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
arte et labore
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
I'm terrible with auction stuff, so I'm debating this. The description is fucking awesome.
02:06 PM on 02/14/11 
User Info.
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
Seattle, WA
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
By the way, I would like to make this a pay league, but I understand if people don't want to do that in year 1. In year 2 this will certainly be for a mutually agreed amount of money.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos