Password

12:21 PM on 02/24/11 
User Info.
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
Seattle, WA
Male - 30 Years Old
Staff Member
i was thinking about that earlier too, but it would be such a pain in the ass to have to go to two sites to make transactions, roster moves, trades, etc.
yeah. i am asking about the free agents and what kind of live scoring they have.
12:27 PM on 02/24/11 
User Info.
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
Seattle, WA
Male - 30 Years Old
Staff Member
Email:
Quote:
Hey Scott,

Free agents can be grabbed through the Fantasy Leaders button on the FanGraphs toolbar. You should check that out:
http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasylead...h=0&ft=0&fl=40

Live scoring will just occur on the lineups page, and right now it requires a page refresh, though in the near future it will be just javascript running in the background.

Hope that helps!
01:29 PM on 02/24/11 
User Info.
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
Seattle, WA
Male - 30 Years Old
Staff Member
let's start trading.
01:34 PM on 02/24/11 
User Info.
startBBtoday
we can't until the draft is over, it's in the rules. we could have trades in place, but i'm not about to get into that confusion.
01:37 PM on 02/24/11 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
SAVE.US_EMB11D
Collegeville, PA
Male - 21 Years Old
Beltre and McGehee are on the block, in return for pitching.
01:46 PM on 02/24/11 
User Info.
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
Seattle, WA
Male - 30 Years Old
Staff Member
we can't until the draft is over, it's in the rules. we could have trades in place, but i'm not about to get into that confusion.
oh really? why not?
01:57 PM on 02/24/11 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
When I fly solo, I fly so high
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 27 Years Old

Here's an updated spreadsheet totaling how much money each team has spent and how many slots they have left to fill. I figured I'd let you all do the math yourselves as to not help anyone out more than I should.

That's awesome. Thanks for that.
02:00 PM on 02/24/11 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
When I fly solo, I fly so high
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 27 Years Old
I actually like my team so far, outside of wasting $17 on Reynolds
02:04 PM on 02/24/11 
User Info.
startBBtoday

II. THE AUCTION
  1. a. All owners will complete their rosters at the annual player auction to be conducted at the discretion of the league members and commissioner.
    b. Each owner receives $400 in auction money to fill his or her roster, including money spent on players retained from the previous season.
    c. Players are nominated by owners, using the previous season's reverse order of finish to determine the nomination order.
    d. Each owner must conclude the auction capable of filling out a starting lineup.
    e. Each owner can leave the auction at any time after fulfilling the requirement in line d. above. Once all 12 owners have left the auction, the auction is complete.
    f. Each owner must nominate a player in turn.
    g. You may not make any trades during the draft. Trade discussion is acceptable, however no trades can be processed or acted upon from the time the first player goes on auction until teams involved in the trade both have full rosters as defined above.

as for why i'd rather wait to even discuss trades is basically just that i'd rather everything be in place and everything before i sort all that stuff out. just for my own sanity, plus with the way some people are already very close to going over their cap it might get messy.

i'm getting so psyched about the second round of this draft, i wish it was tonight. it think it will go A LOT differently now that we all kind of know what's going on better.
02:20 PM on 02/24/11 
User Info.
troubledbyinsects
~
westfield, ma
Male - 20 Years Old
i've gotta make sure i watch my spending in the second round of this. i need to save some money for during the season.
02:28 PM on 02/24/11 
User Info.
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
Seattle, WA
Male - 30 Years Old
Staff Member
II. THE AUCTION
  1. a. All owners will complete their rosters at the annual player auction to be conducted at the discretion of the league members and commissioner.
    b. Each owner receives $400 in auction money to fill his or her roster, including money spent on players retained from the previous season.
    c. Players are nominated by owners, using the previous season's reverse order of finish to determine the nomination order.
    d. Each owner must conclude the auction capable of filling out a starting lineup.
    e. Each owner can leave the auction at any time after fulfilling the requirement in line d. above. Once all 12 owners have left the auction, the auction is complete.
    f. Each owner must nominate a player in turn.
    g. You may not make any trades during the draft. Trade discussion is acceptable, however no trades can be processed or acted upon from the time the first player goes on auction until teams involved in the trade both have full rosters as defined above.

as for why i'd rather wait to even discuss trades is basically just that i'd rather everything be in place and everything before i sort all that stuff out. just for my own sanity, plus with the way some people are already very close to going over their cap it might get messy.

i'm getting so psyched about the second round of this draft, i wish it was tonight. it think it will go A LOT differently now that we all kind of know what's going on better.
that's lame. this is a perfect time to trade IMO. re-set your strategy for the 2nd part of the draft.
02:42 PM on 02/24/11 
User Info.
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
Cotati, CA
Male - 27 Years Old
Doesn't mean we don't start discussing trades.

Should we propose trade offers in PMs and then put our proposals in the thread for Commish approval?
08:53 PM on 02/24/11 
User Info.
CubbyNick42
@NickDevlin
Atlanta, GA
Male - 28 Years Old
"Trade discussion is acceptable"
08:53 PM on 02/24/11 
User Info.
CubbyNick42
@NickDevlin
Atlanta, GA
Male - 28 Years Old
Whoever Stockton is, awesome team.
08:56 PM on 02/24/11 
User Info.
aloneatlastnj
just a quiet evening
NJ
Male - 28 Years Old
Corey's team is so homerful. Yanks and Phillies everywhere haha

homerful as in having 3 players from my favorite and 2 from a team i know a lot about? or homerful as in having a-rod cabrera and utley who are home run hitting threats?

i was in a shitty situation - i was extremely unprepared, kept timing out and lost internet connection all night. the problems i was having are most definitely fixed (changed ISP's today) and i still have some ideas on how to round out my team.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos