Username
Password

03:58 PM on 05/01/12 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
The People's Champion
South Philly
Male - 22 Years Old
You can't do that. This is getting vetoed.

Why not? He gets cap space. I'm essentially buying KRod.
04:13 PM on 05/01/12 
User Info.
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
Seattle, WA
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
Why not? He gets cap space. I'm essentially buying KRod.
Because it's collusion. If he drops K-Rod, then everyone gets to bid on him and he gets the same relief. You don't get to give players away for nothing in return. Even if it's technically legal, it's shady.
04:19 PM on 05/01/12 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
The People's Champion
South Philly
Male - 22 Years Old
Because it's collusion. If he drops K-Rod, then everyone gets to bid on him and he gets the same relief. You don't get to give players away for nothing in return. Even if it's technically legal, it's shady.

All right, thanks for the clarification. It won't happen again. I apologize for the trouble. I request that Felipe Paulino be added back to my roster and his cap penalty cleared, as the only reason I dropped him was to make the trade work.
04:42 PM on 05/01/12 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
When I fly solo, I fly so high
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 27 Years Old

I don't see it the same way. How is that collusion? I don't think the option to trade a player for nothing would be available if you weren't meant to be able to do it. Players are traded for "cash considerations" and other nominal consideration all the time in baseball
04:58 PM on 05/01/12 
User Info.
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
Seattle, WA
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
I don't see it the same way. How is that collusion? I don't think the option to trade a player for nothing would be available if you weren't meant to be able to do it. Players are traded for "cash considerations" and other nominal consideration all the time in baseball
Ottoneu is still relatively in it's infancy, we've all seen the game do a lot of things you're not supposed to. If he gave you cash in return, even a dollar, it would be viable. But for absolutely nothing, I find that to be unethical.
05:01 PM on 05/01/12 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 27 Years Old
Ottoneu is still relatively in it's infancy, we've all seen the game do a lot of things you're not supposed to. If he gave you cash in return, even a dollar, it would be viable. But for absolutely nothing, I find that to be unethical.

In a normal league I'd agree with you, but where you have a running salary cap am I not getting the advantage of being able to get rid of a guy I don't want without the cap hit? That's the reason I did the trade
05:04 PM on 05/01/12 
User Info.
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
Seattle, WA
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
In a normal league I'd agree with you, but where you have a running salary cap am I not getting the advantage of being able to get rid of a guy I don't want without the cap hit? That's the reason I did the trade
You can't give away a player in MLB with salaries, why would you be able to in here? You bought the player, part of the strategy of Ottoneu is being responsible for your players at the money you bought them for, just like in baseball. Even players traded for "Cash considerations" get cash in return. If you don't want him, you have to drop him, if somebody else claims him you'll get the salary relief. But that's a risk you have to take.
05:07 PM on 05/01/12 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
The People's Champion
South Philly
Male - 22 Years Old
What if I gave him Paulino and $1 for KRod?
05:08 PM on 05/01/12 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 27 Years Old
You can't give away a player in MLB with salaries, why would you be able to in here? You bought the player, part of the strategy of Ottoneu is being responsible for your players at the money you bought them for, just like in baseball. Even players traded for "Cash considerations" get cash in return. If you don't want him, you have to drop him, if somebody else claims him you'll get the salary relief. But that's a risk you have to take.

Fair enough if that's how everyone else feels, but I don't really agree. It wasn't my intention to be "shady" or anything.
10:50 AM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
Cotati, CA
Male - 27 Years Old
Fair enough if that's how everyone else feels, but I don't really agree. It wasn't my intention to be "shady" or anything.

I know you weren't trying to be shady about it. Realistically this trade will go through, but we can't be doing these kind of trades from here on out.
07:07 PM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
Cotati, CA
Male - 27 Years Old

YEAHHHH BUDDY!
10:53 AM on 05/03/12 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 27 Years Old
Panda
07:36 PM on 05/03/12 
User Info.
CubbyNick42
@NickDevlin
Atlanta, GA
Male - 28 Years Old
Just made you an offer.
08:08 PM on 05/05/12 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 27 Years Old
In the market for an MI or 3B. Not looking for an elite guy or anything, just a stopgap
11:28 AM on 05/08/12 
User Info.
troubledbyinsects
~
westfield, ma
Male - 20 Years Old
We got a big one boys.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music