|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Lionize (questions answered by Nate Bergman)
(on alternative press/advent stage all summer on warped tour)
1. How did you get your band name?
The dictionary provided our name. After some intoxication and flipping pages, we landed on one we thought was humorous.
2. How did this band get started?
Everyone in Lionize went to school together at some point and have been jamming at parties and such in the Maryland area since high school. It just sort of happened.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, The Beatles, Parliament, Miles Davis, Bob Marley, The Heptones, Capleton, Steel Pulse, Clutch, Rare Essence, John Coltrane, Hendrix, Bad Brains
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Touring with Sabbath would rule. Zeppelin and Parliament too. Even the Chili Peppers would be awesome. However, it would be an awful task having to share the stage with any of those bands. Presently we have toured with and are touring with some of our favorite bands.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Humans are animals, and Lionize is a very hairy band.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
I don't think there's a reasonable answer to this question that wouldn't make me sound like an asshole. I think if you like classic/riff rock and are open to the idea of reggae grooves and funk, there is a chance you will like this band.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
They just announced 3 days ago that the series and franchise of rock band has been discontinued forever. So, with that being said, I'd say we could use "NO EXIT" off our newest album, DESTRUCTION MANUAL. There's a few odd time changes that would be fun to play on tiny plastic guitars.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
We'd thank whoever fronted the money for the payola it would take to get us a Grammy nomination.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
We've never had tour support, signing bonuses, huge marketing budgets or radio play. Those are the things other people seem to gripe about or miss the most. Since I don't know anything about "those good ole" days, I can't really recommend a change.
10. Memorable tour experience?
We got to play Reggae on the Rocks at RED ROCKS AMPHITHEATER in Colorado. That was amazing. The sound and the feel of that night are forever ingrained in our minds.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Its an informative and handsome website that keeps you in the loop with all things punk and punkish. Also, apparently, Music Mends Broken Hearts.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
My favorite song to play live right now is "Dr. Livingston."
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Jamaica rules. Second to that would have to be New Orleans. and in third place would be Mission Beach San Diego.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Creedence Clearwater Revival. I use to listen to a tape of CCR's greatiet hits with my dad on the way to work with him every morning. We used to ride together to a seafood market our family owned when I was too young to go to school. I'd ask for CCR and we eventually wore the tape out.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The power to be better at interviews. All my answers are obviously horrible.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
I don't know if a band ever really "makes it" . I sort of think that's all an illusion. I guess it's all perspective. Is nice clothes, videos on MTV, a tour bus, millions of dollars and a 5 year career span making it? If so, then we haven't made it. We have, however, toured with some of our favorite bands, had guests record albums with us that we used to listen to as kids and we have really awesome fans. So we probably haven't made it but we're having a lot of fun.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
That our band has a rabid obsession with Hecho in Mexico Coca Colas. Don't hesitate to buy us some.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving, hands down. Genocide, Laziness, and Deep Fried Turkey.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I watch a ton of TV now that I have fios in my room. I also listen to a lot of music and try and play guitar as often as possible. Also I try and read a bit here and there, as long as the books have no words in them and are mostly pictures.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Unfortunately my only real hidden talent is hiding my talents really well.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first.
More From This Author