Answers written by Elisabetha Rosnowski from Lost In Atlantis
1. How did you get your band name?
LIA, doesn't have a crazy story that leads to the creation of their name. LIA went through a couple name changes until they stumbled upon Lost In Atlantis. Liz, the singer, was watching the discovery channel on the city of Atlantis and, BAM! The name somewhat fits the style and genre that LIA has created. Atlantis for us, however, is more representative of outer space rather then the actual lost city of Atlantis. We don't want people to think that we're ancient musicians but instead that we're musicians creating a new style of music which we call Rock-tronica :]
2. How did this band get started?
The band formed in 2008. Eric and Liz previously knew each other from a different band. After Eric got terminated from the band and Liz left soon after, Eric heard of the news and abducted Liz into his new band (after multiple attempts). At their first official band practice they quickly got to writing music. Tek No was written at the beginning stages of LIA, about 2 years ago, and still remains a constant favorite song amongst fans and friends.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Bands that we believe has influenced our sound include: Muse, Incubus, Finch, No Doubt, Lady Gaga, Christina Aguilera and, of course, Lil Evil Alien Space Bunnies.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
If we would tour with any band in the past or present it would be the Depeche Mode, B52's, Muse, Incubus, Lady Gaga, Paramore, Finch, No Doubt, Green Day, Fall Out Boy, Spice Girls (girl power!)...geesh the list will go on forever!
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Haven't been on tour yet, but will be going to Cali here soon...so I'd guess it would have to be strawberries and whipped cream!
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We're fun, funny and awesome to hang with...oh, and we write EPIC music too :p
But on a more serious note, people should listen to us because we've incorporated the best elements of music: Rock and Dance! Who doesn't love both?!
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Liz: I personally am horrific at sports. If I had to switch places, it would be with a horse jockey because I used to ride horses when I was smaller all the time. Plus, riding and competitive horse back riding would be awesome!
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
My mom, of course. She's been my number one supporter and fan throughout my years. I owe all of me to her because she's made me so strong.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
The business aspect, how you need to have certain contacts to make it big. It's harder for small unsigned artists to gain a following when they don't have enough money to promote themselves.
10. Memorable tour experience?
I'm pretty sure our trip to California for 'Ford: Gimme the Gig Finals' will be a memorable experience. 56 people in a Tour Bus to Cali....that's going to be crazy!
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP is a site that is ALL about music. AP provides their readers and fans with awesome news on amazing up and coming artists.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
I love playing "Winter Eyes" because the lyrics are really deep for me and that's the song I feel most connected to at every single show I've play so far.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
My favorite vacation spot would be, Mamia in Romania (where I'm from). It's the beach but there's clubs everywhere. I remember being 14 and being able to get into the clubs in Romania.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
The Spice girls! Yep, I was a teeny bopper!
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
A super power I'd love to master would be teleporting. I want to be able to travel the world at any time I want to. That would be amazing!
16. Any pre-show superstitions?
I jump around like a crazy person.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
That I'm diabetic since I was 6 years old. Also, that I was born in Constanta Romania :]
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I believe that any exposure is good exposure. We are a very marketable band but still stick to our artistic integrity!
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I typically don't have any spare time, but when I do I love playing with my dogs or hanging out with my mom.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
That I have never been able to touch my toes...I think that would shock many, right?