AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview
Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.

Gunner's Daughter - 02.09.11

Interviewed by: Linda Ferreira (02/19/11)
The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Gunners Daughter

www.gunnersdaughter.com
www.facebook.com/gunnersdaughter
www.myspace.com/gunnersdaughter

1. How did you get your band name?
Chris Behm came up with the name to memorialize his grandfather who was in the navy.

2. How did this band get started?
Gunnerís Daughter began as a promise between two friends during one hot Chicago summer after giving up hope on past bands they were previously in.

3.What bands are you influenced by?
Hot Water Music, Samiam, Ann Berreta, Small Brown Bike, Casket Lottery, Split Lip, to name a few.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Hot Water Music, Samiam, Small Brown Bike. They are peers of ours and without these bands there would not be a Gunner's Daughter.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Furry...... really ? umm no!

6. Why should people listen to your band?
We are trying to give homage to the late nineties bands we named above, and we don't think anyone in the Chicagoland area is doing what we are doing. We want everybody to enjoy and hear what they might have missed in the late nineties in this genre of music.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
"Fence Jumper" would be a fun gamer song! It has an odd count that starts out the song, and I think you would not have to kill yourself on a five-star expert level. We are not writing Metallica type songs.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Well, that's one heck of a dream, but I think we'd thank everyone involved that ever helped us somehow to get to that level!!! Fans are always the number reason one for any band. If it's not for them, well, there would be no Grammy's to give out.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
All labels, at least larger ones, should give better tour support to get their music heard everywhere possible.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Damaging our rented RV roof in the garage during our visit to the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio. We thought the owners would not notice the decent sized dent up top, but the guy noticed as soon as we pulled into the place to return it; before we even stepped out of the RV. We were out on this tour with our friends The Sky We Scrape. Check them out too!

11. What does AP.net mean to you?

It's has been my daily news of music since I can remember. They do a great job of coverage! I check Absolute Punk daily! I would not be in the loop of things if this site was not around.

12. What is your favorite song to play?

My favorite song to play is "Fence Jumper". It's the first song on our new Ep. "Satellites" seems to be everyone's favorite to play and hear.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

When winter hits Chicago, put me anywhere warmer. The ice box that Chicago is for 5 months can really wear you down, but I have been to almost all the states and would not leave this great city!!

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
80's hair metal. I was given a Misfits tape when I was young and it changed everything.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

x-ray eyes! umm..... do I really need to explain?

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?

umm.... nowhere even close to made it!

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

I love ice hockey and grew up playing it!

18. What's your favorite holiday?

Thanksgiving! All the food for days after even is just so comforting.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
hockey, skate, snowboard

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

I can make this loud thump with my tongue that drives my Bulldog nuts!

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums