Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 8 posts.
10:21 PM on 02/20/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I am excited to check this out regardless. I have grown my music tastes are starting to expand in a way that allows me to appreciate a level of cheesiness or pop that a year ago would of sickened me. I loved their fist album and did not hate Friday. I will give it a shot. I find very few albums within the genres I listen to hard to like.

- Catchy chorus, some guitars, and an upbeat attitude is really all I need (with some exceptions). I love all sorts of music though. Will be picking this up.
04:41 AM on 02/21/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Man, we're the same age and I've grown out of that stage
eh its a matter of surroundings and taste. I have just had a lot of happy spins on my life in the last few years and have really just come to enjoy anything tastefully beat, driven by guitars, and catchy. I see why people grow out of it and like I said I make exceptions. I don't listen to stuff like Disney channel crap. I just find comfort in optimism and choruses.

- Music tastes are influenced heavily on experiences and surroundings. I think anyone music taste is mature as long as they appreciate a lot of it and styles which I am going to bet you do.
09:17 AM on 02/21/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
i dont understand, are they getting more success off of this electro synth crap than they did before? whenever i see any new songs on youtube or on itunes the reviews are all saying how awful it is.
Some will hate it some will love it. That's music.
01:26 PM on 02/21/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
i wish there was more people like you on this website.
I read reviews to garnish people's opinions. It rarely changes my buying habits. If I like something I buy it. I try to keep an open mind. Sometimes I just need some music that has a bit of synth and electronics along side my rock to dance to.

Call me crazy but I listen to different types of music in different moods -_-
08:15 PM on 02/21/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Yeah I do, and I wasn't having a crack. I do find it hard to be optimistic about this album though haha
I understand. It may not be what you want to hear from these guys. I recommend giving it a chance after it is out but I hear ya. I have a few bands I have had to stop listening to cause latest releases just did nothing for me.
10:11 PM on 02/21/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Lol, I definately will! I had know idea the rep on that EP was so bad! What's a "good" one to listen to?
Check it all out in order. Television Off Party On EP, then Underdog Alma Mater, This Weekend: Friday, and then the single "Keep on Bringing Me Down." Friday may get some bad rep but its best to give it a listen to see what ya think. Underdog Alma Mater is a great listen though.
03:36 PM on 02/22/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
How are there already member reviews. The album is not out and from what I know has not leaked. Either way it should not be reviewed by anyone who has not given it a fair listen or two. I may like it more or less then the reviewer but he has listened to it enough to give a score. If you have not listened to it do not score it please.
10:24 PM on 02/25/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Found a leak. I have a pre-order in for the CD so I don't feel but so guilty. This album is great imo. It really is a mix of Friday and Underdog Alma Mater. Very fun and energetic cd. It is catchy and will humming tunes. It has that pop punk sound with that synth infused bubblegum styling. Hate it or not this is one of my personal contenders for album of the year.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums