Username
Password
Tragic Hero Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Tragic Hero Records
Inside AP.net

Tommy Lacombe Interview

Posted by: Matthew Tsai (03/03/11)
A interview with Tragic Hero Records founder Tommy Lacombe in which he discusses the history of the label, The Morning Of, and the future of the label, among other things, can be read here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 29
06:32 PM on 03/03/11
mattplayscheap
plays with squirrels
User Info.
First, the morning of is a great band, this is also a decent label
06:34 PM on 03/03/11
TriangularDuck
we will set sail the prairie
User Info.
Quote:
When we started, we were very fortunate to start with a very successful band. That took us from having no distribution to having independent distribution.

Just come out and say it. You owe your existence to Alesana.
06:38 PM on 03/03/11
mattplayscheap
plays with squirrels
User Info.
Old interview btw
06:45 PM on 03/03/11
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Anything but. It went up today!
07:06 PM on 03/03/11
Miketheunicycle
"Look mom, no hands!"
User Info.
meh
07:25 PM on 03/03/11
mattplayscheap
plays with squirrels
User Info.

Yes but absolutepunk posted this a few weeks ago. I remember cos of what he said about TMO. I'm sure one of their members will say something on here.
07:34 PM on 03/03/11
mattplayscheap
plays with squirrels
User Info.
http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2156401
08:45 PM on 03/03/11
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
User Info.
Ehh, hopefully this label signs some better bands soon, they've got a pretty shitty roster as of now (minus The Morning Of), and that Everyone Dies In Utah album that came out this week is simply horrendous.
09:23 PM on 03/03/11
W/O a Parachute
User Info.
Hopefully TMO leaves this label and finds someone that will REALLY support them. They did get their european tour, which is a great thing for them. but hopefully there is a label willing to devote a serious amount of time to promoting the new record they are working on.

I still can't believe Tragic didn't put them on tour when the album came out (it was like 3 months later, after the "hype" Tommy talked about had already fizzed out). If they were in the middle of their best economic year, and are sitting on an album they believed to be phenomenal (the public's general opinion as well), how do you not promote the hell out of that band? It's a missed opportunity on their part, and an utter disappointment for TMO.
09:39 PM on 03/03/11
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
Hopefully TMO leaves this label and finds someone that will REALLY support them. They did get their european tour, which is a great thing for them. but hopefully there is a label willing to devote a serious amount of time to promoting the new record they are working on.

I still can't believe Tragic didn't put them on tour when the album came out (it was like 3 months later, after the "hype" Tommy talked about had already fizzed out). If they were in the middle of their best economic year, and are sitting on an album they believed to be phenomenal (the public's general opinion as well), how do you not promote the hell out of that band? It's a missed opportunity on their part, and an utter disappointment for TMO.
pretty correct in that matter. the drama between Tragic Hero and TMO is confusing to me.

In other news, what the hell was up with the Flyers tonight? Bob needs to stop giving up the soft goals ugh
10:01 PM on 03/03/11
W/O a Parachute
User Info.
pretty correct in that matter. the drama between Tragic Hero and TMO is confusing to me.

In other news, what the hell was up with the Flyers tonight? Bob needs to stop giving up the soft goals ugh
i was unable to watch the game unfortunately, but from what i've read so far, he seemed to be making the saves he needed to? apparently the offense never found a rhythm because of all the penalties in the first? glad versteeg made a difference tonight tho. your input would help me understand better these things more haha
10:17 PM on 03/03/11
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
i was unable to watch the game unfortunately, but from what i've read so far, he seemed to be making the saves he needed to? apparently the offense never found a rhythm because of all the penalties in the first? glad versteeg made a difference tonight tho. your input would help me understand better these things more haha
ha Versteeg did have a good game (2 goals) and Bob did play well, except for letting in a soft go-ahead goal with 4 minutes left in the 3rd.
10:23 PM on 03/03/11
W/O a Parachute
User Info.
ha Versteeg did have a good game (2 goals) and Bob did play well, except for letting in a soft go-ahead goal with 4 minutes left in the 3rd.
just finished watching the highlights. definitely a weak goal Bob gave up there in the end. briere was reallll close to tying it with less than 30 seconds left. richards' assist on Steeg's second goal was pretty sweet. i'm worried Bob might be experiencing some fatigue. he's probably never played this many games. seems like it was an exciting game. first time this year they've had back to back losses i think. as long as they pick it up later, i'm not too worried.

/flyers rant haha
03:02 AM on 03/04/11
JoeSledger
Registered Member
User Info.
ugh no. i remember seeing this posted before.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests