Water & Bodies - 03.14.11
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Water & Bodies (Interview done by Beau Kuther)
1. How did you get your band name?
Aaron was driving to Eugene with his brother, Cory, and I think it just kind of hit them. We had a bunch of names we were toying with, but Water & Bodies was perfect.
2. How did this band get started?
We've all been playing together for some time now. W&B started as a project around 2009. We wanted to create different music than what we had been doing in the past with Kaddisfly.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Gosh, we all have such different tastes in music. I think that's why we write so well together cause many different influences come out in each of our parts to create a Water & Bodies song. I'm really digging this band from Australia called Tame Impala. I also just bought Enya's watermark on vinyl. Pretty excited about that.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
I would say The Police. Maybe Justin Timberlake.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Aren't we animals?
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because we are good. Just ask my mom. She loves us.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
I think our tune "Lonely Night" would be a perfect fit for Guitar Hero. Its has such a sick guitar lick, kids would eat it up. Riffage!
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
The Zoltar machine for making our wish come true.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I wish the "music" part of the industry was not taken advantage of. I wish people still cared about the craft of a song and the feeling of an album.
10. Memorable tour experience?
What isn't memorable? Everyday there is something new to take in. We've met our fair share of interesting people out there. Like in SF this homeless man telling us he had bugs in his skin and they need to be let out.....all kinds of fun stuff. Not to mention just spending time with all the great people we've met out there. Our family away from home.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
a source for music news.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
We've been playing this cover of Silverchairs, "Tomorrow," live...its pretty damn fun. People get into it hard!
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Never really been on a vacation. I would love to visit Ireland.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
My dad listened to some great stuff with me when I was a kid. We'd listen to a lot of The Police, Ah Ha, TOTO, YES, Tower Of Power...all the best! My mom listened to a lot of mellower stuff, some Celtic stuff...very moody. l loved it.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The ability to walk on water.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Made it as in this is awesome we get to write music together and play shows to people that care. If you build it they will come.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I love driving tractors.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
National Goonies Day. Not sure if it exists, but it should.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Spare time hmmm.... its been awhile. A round of golf, a killer powder slash, maybe a river session.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can make this really amazing deep voice....I call it the Grape Ape. Kinda a big deal.
09:57 AM on 03/21/11
Quite surprised how much I am getting into their album, but I like it.