1. How did you get your band name?
· I use my real name as my artist name.
2. How did this band get started?
· I was in a singing competition in New York City 2 years ago, and there were some agents and managers in the audience. I was picked up by a few of them and narrowed my choices down to my current manager. I have a fantastic team behind me, and that is the reason why things are starting to move quickly in my career. I would be nowhere if I didn’t have the great support that I do.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
· Numerous artists influence me for various reasons. I look up to Miley Cyrus and Lady Gaga as fantastic performers. They always know how to put on a show. Vocally, Celine Dion, Christina Aguilera, and Whitney Houston inspire me. I believe that they have some of the greatest voices in pop music history. My all time favorite artist though would have to be Rihanna. I admire her style and we have extremely similar vocal sounds. She has a big impact on the creation of my songs.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
· I would be honored to tour with Rihanna because I love her style of music and her shows have a lot of depth to them. Her energy & deep emotions would rub off on me during the performances, which is what I want to surround myself with.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
· I have yet to go on a tour, however, I’m sure I would have Oats and Honey granola bars and lots of tea. That’s always what I eat before I sing.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
· Many songs today don’t have positive messages in them. My music has more uplifting messages and I want women my age to feel empowered, not offended by music. I am all about making someone happy and uplifting humankind. If you listen to my songs, all you will want to do is dance and have a great time. I believe I was given this talent for a reason. I am convinced this is what I am supposed to do with my life. This is my dream. I am constantly working hard to improve. If the timing is right, then hopefully it will happen.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
· Along with singing, I have also played volleyball for 5 years. I would love to switch places with Misty-May Treanor because she is the greatest volleyball athlete I have witnessed. Her skills are incredible and I would die to be as talented as she is in the game.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
· I would thank all of my family and friends, especially my dad for always traveling with me and taking me back and forth to Los Angeles and New York, my manager Jason Davis, my vocal coach Dr. Linda Morgan, my 2 amazing producers Mike Mani & Jordan Omley, my publicist Tom Bridegroom, my radio promoter Greg, and anyone who has ever taken the time to push me in the right direction and support me in reaching my goals and dreams. But most of all, I would thank all the fans for making my dream become possible, because without them I would never be at that place.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
· The constant use of lip-syncing. It isn’t that big of a deal, but I feel if you make it big, you should be recognized for your true talent.
10. Memorable show experience?
· At my first performance at the Chicago Club, they cut my microphone in the middle of my song because the older people with hearing aids were in the front row and it was hurting their ears, so I sang acapella the rest of the show. When my family and I look back, it was actually really funny.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
· I am honored to be on this website! I think it is great how it recognizes artists and takes the time to get to know what these bands and artists are truly about.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
· My favorite song always changes, but at the moment, I am constantly blasting “Born This Way” by Lady Gaga. I think the message of it is so great.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
· I am always vacationing down in Florida with my dad, but in my future I want to travel the globe and see all the world’s popular cities. The place I most desire to see is Australia.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
· Anytime I hear a Celine Dion song, I think back to when my mom was singing her songs in the shower when I was 6. Her music was always blasting in my house growing up.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
· To be invisible. I could go anywhere I want without anyone seeing me and easily listen to people’s conversations. I’d imagine you would learn so much more about life. There would be no more secrets.
16. Any pre-show superstitions?
· I have to have at least 2 cups of tea before any show, and most definitely say a prayer.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
· I did gymnastics for 8 years and wanted to make it to the Olympics for the longest time.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
· I definitely believe that my songs have the potential to be hits on the radio. They have all gotten great feedback so far, it’s just a matter of getting them out there and having more & more people listen to them.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
· I sing, hang out with friends, and sleep in my spare time. Most people would think that if my career is being a singer that I wouldn’t do it in my spare time, but I love it so much that I basically sing 24/7.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
· I don’t know if you would consider this a talent, but I can crack almost any bone in my entire body on demand. I am also an extremely organized person.