|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
The two places we've spent time and met.
2. How did this band get started?
It started as a power pop-punk trio called, Tredsafe Restricted. It grew some whiskers, added two members and evolved into what it is today.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Radiohead, the Police, Wilco, Ryan Adams, and yes, of course, the almighty Bea....ch Boys
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
I don't speak for the entire band when I say this, but I'd like to tour with Ditty Durty Money...to see the crowd's reaction. Plus, he might be able to get us on tv.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
6. Why should people listen to your band?
People should listen because we'll take them somewhere other than where they are currently...if they'll allow themselves to come with us, that is. I can't say it'll be a beautiful place, but it will be somewhere different. You in?
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Albert Pujols. It's starting to look like he could have a future in the game.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
God, parents, each other, fans, friends, Club 7.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
It'd be run by actual musicians. Real ones.
10. Memorable tour experience?
We spent $700 to play for about 10 people in 6 different cities.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It means a great deal. It's great exposure to listeners that we may not otherwise reach without it.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Of the songs that we currently have released, probably a song called, "Raindrops".
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
I want to go snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Wilson Phillips, Amy Grant, & Neil...Diamond
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Fly. So I'd never fall off a ladder.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Don't talk to each other.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Most fans don't know much, I'd say. They know how to spin around in circles, collect dust, and keep us cool.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I think radio can be paralleled with Wal-Mart. They both offer a much smaller selection of even cheaper crap than they used to. I don't really care if we ever make it to "radio" anymore. In my opinion, that type of broadcasting will be obsolete in the next decade anyway. It's all about your online presence & touring presence. I think the Internet is the best thing that's happened to radio.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Make YouTube videos and fly kites.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Hidden? I try to let them all out boldly. I guess I'm a pretty good towel folder.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first.
More From This Author