|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
I wanted a name that captured the pulse of the city where I was born, so I came up with L.A. Calling.
2. How did this band get started?
I went solo a few years ago to pursue my vision of L.A. Calling. I wanted a band that combined heavy dance grooves with rock guitar.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
I’m influenced by bands like Depeche Mode and The Cult.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
The Rolling Stones with L.A. Calling would be a blessing…enough said.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
I like a seafood recipe I make called “Gnarly Ceviche.” It’s about to be published in a rock n’roll cookbook entitled, “For Those About To Cook - Recipes By Your Favorite Musicians”.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
The sound is street-driven. The lifestyle: fully electric.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
I’m a big fan of the Seattle Seahawks football team, but I don’t aspire to be anyone else.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
The Good Shepherd.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I wouldn’t change anything. I believe that the music industry is exactly where it should be…in the hands of the artist.
10. Memorable tour experience?
I was in London and met this radio DJ in front of a record store. We struck up a conversation, and for the next two hours, we discussed the impact of the group New Order on electronic music. It was a great session of “Rock Talk”.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Absolute Punk is a great place for new underground music.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
“Big Face Money” because its a working-class anthem.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
I still get chills when I hear the album: “Too Fast For Love” by Motley Crue.
It was the moment when I understood what west-coast metal was all about.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I would like the power to time-travel. This way, I would never be late.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
I need a Coca-Cola with lots of ice to get me ready.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I come from a musical family. Several of them play guitar, violin and sing.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I think it’s great because you can email your mp3 to a radio station these days. And as for airplay, L.A. Calling has gotten some pretty good feedback from stations in Greece and Argentina.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I like taking a cruise in my car.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Sculpting, drawing, and painting.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |