|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
Sweat & Bullets - 03.23.11
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Sweat & Bullets
1. How did you get your band name?
Patrick came up with it - we were playing music in our studio all night and sweating our balls off, and we kept screamin' in this crazy midwestern accent, "GODDAMN, I'M SWEATIN' BULLETS." It felt right.
2. How did this band get started?
I tried to kick out a member of my last band, and then everyone thought I was a dick and decided to leave me flat. So Patrick moved in and helped pay the rent, and we've been a band ever since.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Everything from the Ramones to the New York Dolls to the Rolling Stones to Iggy Pop to Creedence Clearwater Revival.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Roy Orbison. I'd want to see him do "Running Scared" live.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
I probably wouldn't eat much. Calamari maybe.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because we actually learned the rock and roll songbook - really early Stones and Roy and stuff like that. Most new bands can't play covers for shit.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Mike Tyson - but I wouldn't last one minute in his world.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
David Geffen for not believing in us.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I would make Warren Zevon sell more copies.
10. Memorable tour experience?
We haven't been on tour yet. Hopefully soon.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP.net is great man. It covers enough ground to satisfy the casual listener and the full-blown audiophile.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Ah, this changes all the time. But I guess at the moment its "Be My Baby" by The Ronettes or "The Card Cheat" by The Clash.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
I don't have enough money.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
My real early childhood? Probably the oldies station, 101.1.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Tune up, loosen up.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I wouldn't know. If they have a question they could ask me - I haven't deleted my facebook account yet.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I wouldn't know. No one I know in NYC listens to the radio.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Drink, cook, and watch movies.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Staying away from nine-to-five's and playing the recorder.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first.
More From This Author