Password

Album Review

Silverstein - Rescue Album Cover

Silverstein - Rescue

Reviewed by
Silverstein - Rescue
Record Label: Hopeless Records
Release Date: April 26, 2011
Silverstein may not be as popular as they should be, but for over ten years they've been
This review is a user submitted review from Corey Hoffy. You can see all of Corey Hoffy's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 32
03:44 PM on 04/03/11
Spencer Control
you'll grow your soul away
User Info.
This CD will be beast. So excited. Good review.
07:43 PM on 04/03/11
drago_breath
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
yeah its a pretty tight album but i feel like that score is a little high, around low 80's in my opinion
08:15 PM on 04/03/11
brandon_260
User Info.
I'm so excited for this! Sounds like a great album
12:12 AM on 04/04/11
H.e.n.r.I.
User Info.
Discovering The Waterfront was pure gold...hope this is a throwback to that album
12:27 AM on 04/04/11
Corey Hoffy
I refuse to spend life on my knees
User Info.
Discovering The Waterfront was pure gold...hope this is a throwback to that album
It definitely has a lot of elements of that album. I'll say that if you enjoyed that album, you'll enjoy this one.
12:56 AM on 04/04/11
H.e.n.r.I.
User Info.
yea I'm just finishing my first listen
the first few tracks were kinda weak IMO, but there definitely is some solid shit on here...i think with a few more spins I'll be really into this record
01:45 AM on 04/04/11
Marcos_gun
tastes like green.
User Info.
Ugh...not getting into it...some tracks sound like so many other silverstein tracks,its a good album nonetheless,but it could be more exciting and energetic.
02:20 AM on 04/04/11
Richard Maxim
Life: April Fools
User Info.
This is such a solid record. catchy chorus' and so melodically heavy. I can't get these songs out of my head. especially Darling Harbour.
02:51 AM on 04/04/11
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not sure why you call A&D a misstep, I really enjoyed it, although I feel like Shipwreck in the Sand is their best album by a long shot.
04:45 AM on 04/04/11
mikeandike1993
im asian!!!!!!!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
album was so good. took him a while to write a review on it, ive been check back here for a few weeks now. great album from a great band, great review.
05:51 AM on 04/04/11
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
The record is good. it has some really standout really good tracks like The Artist (amazing song), Burning Hearts, Intervention and Texas Mickey and the rest is pretty solid. I don't like the direction they took with Darling Harbour though, but it still is a decent song.

I would place Rescue just behind Discovering the Waterfront and A Shipwreck in the Sand. Arrivals and Departures was a good record. It just wasn't as good as its previous and its following albums.
12:22 PM on 04/04/11
vivatoto56
Welcome to Christmasland
User Info.
Nice, I'm glad to see you liked it so much, and it was a well written review. This is completely not the place I was hoping they would be in by this time in their career, but at least they are pulling it off well.

In Memory Of is one of the best songs they've ever done.
10:58 AM on 04/06/11
Momo32T
User Info.
"In Memory Of..." certainly branches off from the track "Discovering The Waterfront". Both are tightly wound, emotionally lyrical ballads. This certainly was a great closer for the album, and certainly a refresher considering most of the albums predominantly punk or pop-rock overtones.
12:03 AM on 04/08/11
The Get Up Kid
User Info.
Awesome CD. And a really good review (and I rarely think reviews on this site are any good).

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos