AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Hanson News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Mmmcharity

Posted by - 11:30 AM on 04/05/11
Hanson recently helped pull together a 12 hour livestream with SXSW4Japan.org to raise money for Japan. Online donations have topped $100,000, and a much larger amount was directed straight to the American Red Cross via their national text donation number. Music from the telecast has also been compiled to create a benefit album. More info in the replies.

Submitted by HopeHadCrashed

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
11:30 AM on 04/05/11
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
InfoIn response to the ongoing need for aid in Japan, the live-streaming event is being re-broadcast today (April 5th) as a follow up to the original event, with additional contributions by top artists and with partnership from AOL.com and Myspace.com all helping to further the outreach to music fans to donate to the relief effort.

Music from the SXSW4JAPAN telecast has been compiled to create a robust benefit album of the same name with more than 45 songs, which is available at Amazon.com now, with all proceeds also going to the American Red Cross. The streaming event and album features guest appearances and exclusive performances from a wide array of artists including, John “JoJo” Hermann of Widespread Panic, North Mississippi Allstars, The Boxer Rebellion, The Hours, Michael Stipe, HANSON, Ben Folds, An Horse, Natasha Bedingfield, Ozomatli, Alpha Rev, Anna Nalick, Charlie Mars, Cary Brothers, Michelle Branch, Bowling For Soup, Rooney, Amanda Palmer, Andrew WK, Taylor Locke And The Roughs, Jimmy Gnecco, Imani Coppola, Tracy Bonham and many more."

The restream can be viewed on either AOL.com, MySpace.com, or here: http://www.livestream.com/sxsw4japan

and the compilation CD can now be purchased here:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B004UY1TSY/absolutepunk-20/
11:47 AM on 04/05/11
So-Crates
Registered Member
User Info.
good stuff, those guys seem to do a lot of good work
12:31 PM on 04/05/11
deFobbed14yrs
Legal Drug Dealer
User Info.
WOW!! awesome!
12:32 PM on 04/05/11
stompoffbeat
User Info.
A think a well deserved thank you is in order.
01:35 PM on 04/05/11
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
this was awesome. my favorite was james from the gay blades when he a solo set.
01:36 PM on 04/05/11
MichaelShore
"Family Love Michael"
User Info.
Well, that is a definite success at finding a way to help those impacted by that disaster. This is a good news article.
05:13 PM on 04/05/11
BensonHedges
Registered Member
User Info.
Downloaded the album from iTunes earlier today, there's some really good tracks on there. Great way to sample SXSW and help out a great cause at the same time.

If I'm not mistaken, Hanson is donating all proceeds from their "Give a Little" single that came out today to the Red Cross as well.
08:20 PM on 04/05/11
Johnnydcp
User Info.
I will never ever hate on Hanson. Such a good thing to do.
12:47 PM on 04/06/11
MarshmallowKid
I used to have my own songs.
User Info.
Enough with the MMMtitles. It's gotten quite old.

But anyways, these guys know their stuff. Kudos to them for doing this.
07:38 PM on 04/11/11
jasmine84
last hope
User Info.
Downloaded the album from iTunes earlier today, there's some really good tracks on there. Great way to sample SXSW and help out a great cause at the same time.

If I'm not mistaken, Hanson is donating all proceeds from their "Give a Little" single that came out today to the Red Cross as well.
Yup the single bundle on iTunes for "Give a Little" is all being donated to the Red Cross as well. I enjoy my favorite band :)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos