Password

Album Review

Maritime - Human Hearts Album Cover

Maritime - Human Hearts

Reviewed by
MaritimeHuman Hearts
Record Label: Dangerbird
Release Date: April 5, 2011
This review is a user submitted review from Jeremy Aaron. You can see all of Jeremy Aaron's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
06:07 AM on 04/08/11
Battery
User Info.
Such a good album. Love C'mon Sense and Black Bones. Good job on the review.
07:22 AM on 04/08/11
Sikbeat37
You like music too? Woah.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've been listening to a lot of Maritime as of late, so I'm very excited for this. Solid review.
07:24 AM on 04/08/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Hey Jeremy, I'm glad you reviewed this one. Haven't seen you around much recently. I can't wait to grab the record. I'm a huge TPR fan and anything Davey touches I'm a fan of. The guys are playing only a few shows in support of the album because of families and other grown-up obligations - one of which is in Minneapolis. Might have to check that out. Great review, as always. Keep yr eyes peeled for a new Jayhawks record later this year...
07:43 AM on 04/08/11
Wutz
Don't Worry, I'm A Pilot
User Info.
I'm soooo mad about that June 4th Maritime show. I live 7 hours away and my wife and job are not about to let me see both Death Cab for Cutie May 21st and Maritime June 4th.

I'd have chosen Maritime for sure if it weren't for the fact that I already shelled out for the DCfC tickets which are non-refundable, non-transferable, and non-cheap.

Maritime's playing in the 7th St. Entry...it's going to be frickin' awesome and it's unfortunately not going to be on my list of stuff to do.

Either way, judging from the streams I've heard of this record, it's pretty awesome. I can't wait for it to show up at my house.
07:46 AM on 04/08/11
Jeremy Aaron
User Info.
Hey Jeremy, I'm glad you reviewed this one. Haven't seen you around much recently. I can't wait to grab the record. I'm a huge TPR fan and anything Davey touches I'm a fan of. The guys are playing only a few shows in support of the album because of families and other grown-up obligations - one of which is in Minneapolis. Might have to check that out. Great review, as always. Keep yr eyes peeled for a new Jayhawks record later this year...
Thanks. I was de-commissioned for about nine months, but it's great to be back at it.

I had heard something about The Jayhawks reconvening, but didn't know they were recording. If albums were judged by the strength of their first three songs, Tomorrow the Green Grass might be the best ever. Needless to say, I'm anxious to hear what they have up their sleeves.
07:50 AM on 04/08/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Thanks. I was de-commissioned for about nine months, but it's great to be back at it.

I had heard something about The Jayhawks reconvening, but didn't know they were recording. If albums were judged by the strength of their first three songs, Tomorrow the Green Grass might be the best ever. Needless to say, I'm anxious to hear what they have up their sleeves.

That's the buzz in the Cities - that they are, in fact, recording. I know Gary is playing the Golden Smog double show later in the month, so he is keeping busy regardless. It was amazing seeing the original lineup together again last fall. TTGG is hands down my favorite Jayhawks album followed closely by Hollywood Townhall.
08:54 AM on 04/08/11
FUCKDIRTYWIPES
Kicking it middle school
User Info.
I loved we, the vehicles but did not care for hersey...is this worth checking out??
09:10 AM on 04/08/11
SmeezyBeezy
DahBuhDeezy
User Info.
Was unaware this was coming out, yessss.
10:51 AM on 04/08/11
collideoscopic
User Info.
Very nice review - I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said not only about the album, but TPR and Maritime as well. I will always hold a special place for pretty much anything Davey does after growing up with those Promise Ring records.
12:08 PM on 04/08/11
Lueda Alia
User Info.
I liked this album quite a bit. Need to listen to it more.
12:34 PM on 04/08/11
achassi
duck president
User Info.
Still need to listen to this.
08:14 PM on 04/08/11
troubledbyinsects
~
User Info.
I gotta get on this, oh man. Sounds great. I love Davey's work.
11:31 PM on 04/08/11
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
Need to check this out. On another note, I really like the album cover.
03:08 AM on 04/09/11
So-Crates
Registered Member
User Info.
Gonna check this out

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT