Password

Album Review

Thursday - No Devolución Album Cover

Thursday - No Devolución

Reviewed by
Thursday - No Devolución
Record Label: Epitaph Records
Release Date: April 12, 2011
This review is a user submitted review from followyourbliss. You can see all of followyourbliss's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
11:20 PM on 04/17/11
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
User Info.
Sadly, I do give a fuck about an Oxford comma, and you could use them more often.

And why is Rise Against a RIYL?
06:04 AM on 04/18/11
cwhit412
don't ask
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Rating does not match review. At all.
07:41 AM on 04/18/11
TwelveTribes230
<>
User Info.
7.5 really??? This album was really damn good!
06:16 PM on 04/18/11
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
You praise the album with only a couple of minor complaints, then give "reviewer tilt" a 5.
Then you recommend it to fans of Rise Against, who I like and do make "meaningful music" but sound very different to, and old Thursday despite having said it is a turning point for them.
Review wasn't bad, but score and RIYL were confusing.
Also, I'd reccommend you give this some more spins -- it's really good.
09:47 AM on 04/23/11
lld767
cmon!
User Info.
Rise against? Lolwut
11:58 PM on 04/26/11
SourStuff
Five Body Blade Vocalist
User Info.
Kill this guy. This album was nearly 100%.
09:26 AM on 04/28/11
JorynnRace
User Info.
I would not EVER compare Thursday, especially this album, to Rise Against. Apples and oranges, much?

And I agree with SourStuff, the more I listen to this album the better it gets; very nearly a 100% IMO
06:52 PM on 05/04/11
HanLuk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
There is no excuse for this score. This album is at least a 90. I would say 93%. The reviewer tilt is kinda bullshit as well.

Also.....whats with the RIYL? Rise Against? Really?
05:38 PM on 08/29/11
followyourbliss
User Info.
7.5 really??? This album was really damn good!

After listening to this album more and more over the last 4-5 months, I'd definitely score it higher now. It's hard to really gauge how much you're going to like an album after only hearing it 4-5 times in a span of a day or two.
05:41 PM on 08/29/11
followyourbliss
User Info.
You praise the album with only a couple of minor complaints, then give "reviewer tilt" a 5.
Then you recommend it to fans of Rise Against, who I like and do make "meaningful music" but sound very different to, and old Thursday despite having said it is a turning point for them.
Review wasn't bad, but score and RIYL were confusing.
Also, I'd reccommend you give this some more spins -- it's really good.

At the time I submitted the review, I wasn't sure what Reviewer Tilt was, hence the 5.
Honestly I can't remember what triggered me to compare it to Rise Against, but I'm sure it made sense (to me, at least) at the time.
And I have given it significantly more spins now, and I would definitely score it higher.
05:41 PM on 08/29/11
followyourbliss
User Info.
Kill this guy. This album was nearly 100%.

Please, do not kill me! I would say it's higher than my original score, but not nearly 100%. I respect your opinion though.
04:16 PM on 08/30/11
Steeeve Perry
User Info.
At the time I submitted the review, I wasn't sure what Reviewer Tilt was, hence the 5.
Honestly I can't remember what triggered me to compare it to Rise Against, but I'm sure it made sense (to me, at least) at the time.
And I have given it significantly more spins now, and I would definitely score it higher.
That's good, I mean if you don't like it that's fine and you're well within your rights to explain why, but I thought you would have been better served by listening to it until it clicked.
It's gotta be better to take the time and eventually enjoy a record than just dismiss it right?
06:52 PM on 08/30/11
followyourbliss
User Info.
That's good, I mean if you don't like it that's fine and you're well within your rights to explain why, but I thought you would have been better served by listening to it until it clicked.
It's gotta be better to take the time and eventually enjoy a record than just dismiss it right?

Sometimes it's hard to listen to an album enough times for it to click when you're reviewing it. There's only a certain amount of time I had to listen to it before I had to submit the review. I now fully appreciate the album because it's been out for months and I've had a lot more listens. I don't think I dismissed the album back in April, I just wrote what I thought of it at the time. Also, it's unfair and difficult to try to write a review based on how much you might like it in the future.
08:03 PM on 08/30/11
Steeeve Perry
User Info.
Sometimes it's hard to listen to an album enough times for it to click when you're reviewing it. There's only a certain amount of time I had to listen to it before I had to submit the review. I now fully appreciate the album because it's been out for months and I've had a lot more listens. I don't think I dismissed the album back in April, I just wrote what I thought of it at the time. Also, it's unfair and difficult to try to write a review based on how much you might like it in the future.
Whose deadline were you working towards?
It's unfair and difficult to try to write a review without listening to the record enough to pass fair judgement in the first place.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos