Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 65
04:22 PM on 04/07/11
Richard Maxim
Life: April Fools
User Info.
I've been waiting a while for this and I'm hella underwhelmed. It's not even average, keeping my fingers crossed. The debut was one of my favorite releases out of the Rise camp in a while.
04:23 PM on 04/07/11
Sheluligans
Focus on the horizon.
User Info.
I definitely agree with that. This sounds nothing like their last album, which can be good or bad depending on how you felt about. I really liked their style I just thought they executed it kinda poorly. It had a few great songs and a bunch of meh songs to me.

I agree for sure. This song is so insanely catchy. I bet this will be one of the more poppy songs just like James Dean was more poppy than most of the album.
04:24 PM on 04/07/11
Raarzipan
Registered Member
User Info.
Ya I used to be obsessed with them. This song just reminds me of something ADTR would do minus the high-pitched vocals. SWS's last album was a different kind of poppy.

I definitely agree with that. This sounds nothing like their last album, which can be good or bad depending on how you felt about. I really liked their style I just thought they executed it kinda poorly. It had a few great songs and a bunch of meh songs to me.

They have a different guitarist then they used to have which could make a difference, I have to agree with the guy who said it kinda seems very A Skylit Drive more then A day to remember.
04:24 PM on 04/07/11
Crimson_Curse
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Survie
User Info.
stoked for this record!
04:27 PM on 04/07/11
Ashur
Shitty musician.
User Info.
I've been waiting a while for this and I'm hella underwhelmed. It's not even average, keeping my fingers crossed. The debut was one of my favorite releases out of the Rise camp in a while.
It's a bit underwhelming, but it's still good. I was definitely expecting something else, this is very A Skylit Drive-esque. Kellins vocals seem really shallow as well. Still stoked on this record, their debut was amazing.
04:33 PM on 04/07/11
savestheday3x3
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
yea, deff ADTR with JAG from a skylit drive as the vocalist...
04:41 PM on 04/07/11
akissforCOHEED
User Info.
i really like this, it kinda has a pop-punk feel to it.

I actually saw these guys recently and they were great; so much energy and crowd interaction (saw them with Of Mice & Men, Woe is me and I set my friends on fire; but i only went for SWS cause I'm not a fan of any of the other bands) and actually got to meet Kellin and he is such a sweet heart.

pretty excited for the new album
04:42 PM on 04/07/11
low_rising
Registered Member
User Info.
damn this is good. i was talking to Kellin a while back and he said this is going to be good and this is definitely.

Officially stoked for this.
04:42 PM on 04/07/11
LessThanOnyEe
BroknDreams
User Info.
I like this, probably going to pre order the album next week. I wonder how this record varies from the first one.
04:44 PM on 04/07/11
TwelveTribes230
<>
User Info.
Had a feeling they were going more poppy when they described this as a "summer album" in an interview. Anyways really like it..very catchy.
04:46 PM on 04/07/11
zipzipzipper
User Info.
i like it. but why do the vocals sound identical to the ex-tides of man singer who's name escapes me right now? song isnt anything special. really looking forward to the album though
04:58 PM on 04/07/11
Raarzipan
Registered Member
User Info.

It's a bit underwhelming, but it's still good. I was definitely expecting something else, this is very A Skylit Drive-esque. Kellins vocals seem really shallow as well. Still stoked on this record, their debut was amazing.

I have to agree, I really loved how different they sounded on their first album this seems way to typical of what is being made right now for my taste.
04:58 PM on 04/07/11
Sheluligans
Focus on the horizon.
User Info.
I just realized that Balance and Composure, SWS, and Moving Mountains have albums coming out May 10th. It will definitely be a great day.
05:00 PM on 04/07/11
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Sounds alright.
05:01 PM on 04/07/11
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Surprisingly solid, I wish his vocals had just a little more power to them, but I was really surprised at a breakdown that wasn't totally generic and lame. This new sound seems to fit them a lot better, and this is really what A Skylit Drive should be sounding like. Not bad at all.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos