Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 79
06:15 PM on 04/11/11
luvsickcatalyst
wander eyes, ocean high.
User Info.
Soupy is a hero of mine not just because he proclaims a positive message in the pop punk scene, but because he's a "fucked up kid" writing songs I can perfectly relate with and is successful doing it. This interview only makes me respect him more. The Upsides came when I was working on getting happy and gave me the confidence to start writing poetry/short stories again more seriously. Watching people get affected by Soupy's words like I have gives me hope I can get published and make a change with my writing too. From the bottom of my heart, thanks, Soupy and TWY.
06:19 PM on 04/11/11
Charlesieiy
The night just grew its fangs
User Info.
Quality review right there. "but the pigeon doesn't give a fuck" made me laugh out loud
06:20 PM on 04/11/11
cococrisp20
3Hunna
User Info.
"Get Stoked on It aside, I look at The Wonder Years as one body of work."

I hate how Soupy completely abandons his earlier work, I understand it doesn't sound much like what they are now, but he should be proud that's what launched his career and fanbase, and not look at it as a negative aspect to what they have become. And I really hope the new album is straight pop-punk like The Upsides, and not have a new alt vibe to it like Man Overboard or Transit.
06:21 PM on 04/11/11
ReadyForAction
life in the greenhouse effect
User Info.
I really dug the pigeon line
06:22 PM on 04/11/11
LexXchaos
making the perfect mess of my life
User Info.
Such amazing music made by such amazing dudes. I love this band to death. So stoked for the new record!
06:24 PM on 04/11/11
Psib
When I get home I'll get high alone
User Info.
That interview was beautiful!
06:25 PM on 04/11/11
amandangerousx
Licensed to Ill
User Info.
"We talked about how every kid in every town I’ve ever been to has said “This place sucks. I can’t wait to leave.” The thing is, if every one of those kids is right, then EVERY place sucks and there’s no sense in leaving because you’ll just hate the next place too. It feels like everyone is a part of this purposeless migration. Everyone wants out. No one knows why."

Fuck, that is awesome.
I'm printing it out and taping it to my wall.
06:27 PM on 04/11/11
seanycourt
User Info.
i dont think iv ever been more stoked for an album ever..
06:33 PM on 04/11/11
pleasedontask
Butter On A Summer Day...
User Info.
"Get Stoked on It aside, I look at The Wonder Years as one body of work."

I hate how Soupy completely abandons his earlier work, I understand it doesn't sound much like what they are now, but he should be proud that's what launched his career and fanbase, and not look at it as a negative aspect to what they have become. And I really hope the new album is straight pop-punk like The Upsides, and not have a new alt vibe to it like Man Overboard or Transit.

I don't think he's completely abandoning it at all, in fact as far as I know they're still rereleasing that album with some more old stuff. Pretty sure what Soupy was saying here, and he can correct me if I'm wrong, is that Get Stoked On It! doesn't really fit in with The Upsides or Disturbia because it isn't part of the same story that he and the band are telling-- basically the story of their lives up to this point, as he put it.
06:42 PM on 04/11/11
dani1292
@dani1292
User Info.
That was one of the best interviews I've read. I'm not used to there being so many quotable lines in an interview. I love how eloquent he is.
06:43 PM on 04/11/11
imnotsadanymore
I can't say I blame you
User Info.
incredible song and interview. love this band so much.
07:08 PM on 04/11/11
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
Probably the best interview I've ever read, Soupy has a real way with words
So excited for the new record
07:11 PM on 04/11/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I just made the questions, he gives the best answers. Never have interviewed someone who lets fans into his work like this.
07:43 PM on 04/11/11
PTVsnewO
hi
User Info.
amazing interview, amazing song. that one american football-esque part is going to be stuck in my head all week.
07:45 PM on 04/11/11
ZachCTC
Accept the pain, always forgive.
User Info.
I seriously love this dude. He explains everything so perfectly and TWY is making music the way it should be made. Very proud to call myself an avid fan of this band.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos