|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
Like wearing a different hat for a different job, Mostly Coats refers to when people cover their shortcomings with different "coats" until they're nothing but coats and you can't tell who they were before. Specifically it stems from JP's ex-girlfriend that he ended up writing the whole record about.
2. How did this band get started?
Mostly Coats started when JP took 10 solo acoustic songs to a studio in Long Island and blew them up to full-band songs, moved to New York and started looking for musicians. After a few months of searching around different venues, parties, (even Craigslist!), he found four other perfect kids who shared the same dreams as he did. And the rest is history.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
(In no particular order) Led Zeppelin, Taking Back Sunday, Mayday Parade, Stevie Wonder, Fall Out Boy, Dream Theater, Megadeth, New Found Glory.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Zeppelin, The Who, Queen, Motley Crue (partying with those dudes had to be ridiculous)
Fall Out Boy, Circa Survive, Say Anything (in our eyes, this would be the perfect tour).
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Bacon, Egg & Cheese!
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Why not? Any new band you listen to could be your new favorite band.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Joe DiMaggio because baseball means you can sleep with Marilyn Monroe.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
The people we paid off to win the Grammy! Also our moms and dads.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
More music, less politics.
10. Memorable tour experience?
One time outside of a Best Buy, this guy walked by eating a handful of pistachios and claimed that the other dude we were talking to tried to have sex with him while he was on acid. They were both yelling at eachother about the events that transpired while 10-year-old kids walked into Best Buy with their parents.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
What does the Bible mean to Christianity? (Does this make Jason Tate God?)
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Our set. It's a 35 minute song with some transitions and some talking. Also sweat.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Literally anywhere that we could tour.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Blink-182, Green Day, Michael Jackson, Eric Clapton, The MovieLife, B-52's, James Taylor, Saves the Day, Mary Chapin-Carpenter, Hanson.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Jedi powers. Duh.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Watching The Dark Knight.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We practice in the ghetto of Brooklyn!
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Radio is cool. We feel that most radio stations play "safe" music with a good beat that they know everyone will catch on to. Indie stations that still play contemporary pop/rock are awesome and we'd hope to do well on a station like that.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Skateboard, drink, Halo, sleep, wake up and drink more.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
We can't tell you or else they wouldn't be hidden anymore ;)
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |